Engineering, Technical, & Administrative Support Services
For Air Vehicle Engineering Technologies
The Naval Air Warfare Center – Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) Procurement Group, Research and Engineering Branch, at Patuxent River, MD announces its intention to procure, on a competitive basis, engineering, technical, and administrative support services in support of the Air Vehicle Engineering Department. American Systems Corp. of 14151 Park Meadow Dr., Suite 500, Chantilly, VA 20151-4230 currently performs the services under N00421-17-D-0031.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE
These services are anticipated to be performed as follows:
Included, but are not limited to: Beaufort, SC; Bethpage, NY; Cherry Point NAS; El Centro, CA; Fallon NAS; Fort Worth, TX; Hill AFB; Huntsville, AL; Indianapolis, IN; Jacksonville, FL; New Orleans, LA; New River, NC; Newburgh, NY; Norfolk, VA; Orlando, FL; Pensacola, FL; Pt. Mugu, CA; Quantico, VA; Ridley Park, PA; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; St Louis, MO; Germany; Norway
Percent of Effort: 80
The contractor shall perform services at contractor facilities located within 50 miles of the Naval Air Station (NAS), Patuxent River, MD with the exception of occasional meetings to be held at NAS Patuxent River, MD. Travel and associated per diem shall not be authorized to and from the duty station.
THIS SOURCES SOUGHT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT. RESPONSES IN ANY FORM ARE NOT OFFERS AND THE GOVERNMENT IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO AWARD A CONTRACT AS A RESULT OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. NO FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE TO PAY FOR PREPARATION OF RESPONSES TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. ANY INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY RESPONDENTS TO THIS TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY.
The Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) Air Systems Group, Air Vehicle Engineering Department (AB21000) mission requires specialized engineering / technical services in support of the development and operation of state-of-the-art air vehicle dynamic simulations and architecture, collision avoidance systems algorithm design, engineering analysis, and systems acquisition. These services are required to support current and future piloted and desktop engineering simulation capabilities, aircraft trainer devices, and Department of Defense (DoD) manned aircraft and Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs) in-service and acquisition programs. These efforts pertain to flight vehicle models and simulations, flight control systems, engine control systems, collision avoidance systems, flight test data analysis, and related engineering support.
ANTICIPATED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The anticipated period of performance includes a five (5) year ordering period. The anticipated start date is 1 June 2022.
ANTICIPATED CONTRACT TYPE
The contract type is anticipated to be CPFF/Cost Reimbursement type vehicle with an estimated total Level of Effort of approximately 266,400 man-hours (based on 1,920 hours per year) over a period of five years. The procurement is planned to be a single award Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) type contract.
Refer to the attached DRAFT Statement of Work (SOW).
Labor categories anticipated to execute the contemplated services include: Refer to the attached
In addition to the requirements above, please note that under a Small Business Set-Aside, the small business prime must perform at least 50% of the work in terms of cost of performance. Cost of performance includes direct labor costs, overhead that has only direct labor as its base, and the small business’ General and Administrative rate multiplied by the labor cost. The small business prime cannot utilize the cost performance of other small businesses it utilizes as subcontractors in calculating its performance to comply with FAR Clause 52.219-14. If the prime is a joint venture, the cost of performance by both small business concerns is utilized in calculating its performance to comply with FAR 52.219-14. The contractor and personnel shall have the capability to perform the work up to the unclassified level.
Since the resultant contract is anticipated to be on a cost-type basis, the successful awardees will also be required to have a Government approved accounting system upon contract award.
The Product Service Code (PSC) for this requirement is R425; the NAICS is 541330. All interested businesses are encouraged to respond. Specifically, the Government is evaluating the possibility of establishing this requirement as a Small Business/Other Socio-economic Set-Aside. As such, all eligible SB/SDVOSBs/8(a)/etc. are encouraged to respond.
The responses to this Sources Sought will be utilized to determine if any Small Business Set-aside opportunities exist. All Small Business Set-aside categories will be considered. In addition, this market research tool is being used to identify potential and eligible firms, of all sizes, prior to determining the method of acquisition and issuance of a solicitation.
Any resultant solicitation will be released on the SAM.gov website for acquiring the services. Prior to that, a synopsis with regards to this requirement will be released in SAM.gov. It is the responsibility of potential offerors to monitor these sites for additional information pertaining to this requirement.
It is requested that interested businesses submit to the Contracting Office a brief capabilities statement package (no more than 15 pages in length, single spaced, 12 point font minimum) demonstrating ability to perform the services listed in the attached draft SOW. This documentation must address, at a minimum, the following:
- Prior/current corporate experience performing efforts of similar size and scope within the last three years, including contract number, organization supported, indication of whether as a prime or subcontractor, contract values (value of the prime contract and if applicable, the value of your subcontract if you were not the prime), Government point of contact with current telephone number, and a brief description of how the referenced contract relates to the services described herein.
- Can or has your company managed a task of this nature? If so, please provide details.
- Can or has your company managed a team of subcontractors before? If so, please cite contracts and teaming arrangement.
- Resources available such as corporate management and currently employed personnel to be assigned to tasks under this effort to include professional qualifications, specific experience of such personnel, and the ability to have personnel located at the city specified.
- Management approach to staffing this effort with qualified personnel.
- Statement regarding capability to obtain the required industrial security clearances for personnel.
- If you are a small business, provide an explanation of your company’s ability to perform at least 50% of the tasking described in this draft SOW for the 5 year period.
- Company’s ability to begin performance upon contract award.
- Provide a statement including current small/large business status and company profile to include number of employees, annual revenue history, office locations, CAGE code, DUNS number, etc.
- Respondents to this notice must also indicate whether they are a large business or qualify as a Small, Small Disadvantaged, Small Disadvantaged Veteran Owned Small Business, Women-Owned, 8(a), Hub Zone or Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Concern.
All responses must include the following information: Company Name; Company Address; CAGE code; Company Business Size; and Point-of-Contact (POC) name, phone number, fax number, and e- mail address.
Upon evaluation of the capability statements, if it is determined that this requirement will be an unrestricted competition, the Government intends to evaluate the Small-Business responses and conduct further market research to identify a subcontracting goal.
The capability statement package shall be sent via email to Lori Gelinas at email@example.com. Submissions must be received no later than 10:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on 20 October 2021. Address questions or comments regarding this notice to Lori Gelinas at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls accepted.
THIS SOURCES SOUGHT IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL. It is a market research tool being used to determine potential and eligible small business firms capable of providing the services described herein prior to determining the method of acquisition and issuance of a Request for Proposal. The Government is not obligated to and will not pay for any information received from potential sources as a result of this notice.