SOURCES SOUGHT SYNOPSIS
The Naval Supply Fleet Logistics Center San Diego (NAVSUP FLCSD) is issuing this sources sought synopsis as a means of conducting market research to identify parties having an interest in and the resources to support this requirement for engineering services which will directly support Naval Air Warfare Development Center (NAWDC) Maritime Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Weapons School (MISRWS)’s Resolute Hunter 22-1 and 22-2 exercise. This requirement is in support of the training systems, whereas experienced contractor services are required to provide technical and functional support to NAWDC during each phase within the RH exercise: design, planning, preparation, execution, and evaluation / assessment.
These services are currently provided under purchase order N00244-21-P-0237 which, was awarded on a sole source basis to the incumbent; Virginia Systems (VaST) (CAGE: 3FHP1).
The result of this market research will contribute to determining the method of procurement. The applicable North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code assigned to this procurement is 611519 and/or 541330.
THERE IS NO SOLICITATION AT THIS TIME. This request for capability information does not constitute a request for proposals; submission of any information in response to this market survey is purely voluntary; the government assumes no financial responsibility for any costs incurred.
The anticipated release of a combined synopsis solicitation for this effort is 14 September 2021. Any business size restrictions will be determined by responses received from this notice. Please see the attached PWS for all details.
Sources Sought Capability Statement Instructions:
Responses to this notice shall be limited to (3) pages and must include:
- A capability statement in response to each of the individual draft Performance Work Statement (PWS) requirements.
- Description of the company’s past performance and experience with implementation of this type of effort that is of a similar scope and size. And information (Government or commercial entity, contract/purchase amount, etc.) relating to each of the past performance descriptions. A brief statement of how this experience is pertinent to the current PWS.
- Organization name, and telephone number and e-mail address of a point of contact having the authority and knowledge to clarify responses with Government representatives.
- DUNS number, CAGE code, and company structure (corporation, LLC, partnership, joint venture, etc.).
- Written confirmation of registration in SAM (www.sam.gov). Offerors should be registered to be considered as a source.
- Please provide the size classification of your business under the appropriate NAICS code. If you are classified as a small business, HUBZone small business, Service Disabled Veteran Owned small business, Woman-owned small business and/or 8(a) certified small business, please provide a detailed capability statement, focusing on your firm's proven ability to provide the range of requirements.
- Please demonstrate your firm's capability to meet the requirements of FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting, for this requirement if you’ve identified your business as a small business.
Acknowledgment of receipt of responses will not be made, nor will respondents be notified of the outcome of the review of the information received. This request is not to be construed as a commitment on the part of the Government to award a contract, nor does the Government intend to pay for any information submitted as a result of this request. The Government will not reimburse respondents for any cost associated with submission of the information being requested or reimburse expenses incurred to interested parties for responses to this announcement.
Responses to this announcement will not be returned, nor will there be any ensuing discussions or debriefings of any responses. However, information obtained as a result of this announcement may be reflected in the subsequent solicitation if issued. This announcement is Government market research and may result in revisions in both its requirements and its acquisition strategy based on industry responses.
*Please email all responses directly to the Contract Specialist, Melissa Ferri, by the closing date/time via email; firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not submit ANY responses through the portal as they will not be reviewed or considered.