This announcement constitutes a Sources Sought for implementation and planning purposes. Naval Supply Center (NAVSUP) Fleet Logistics Center (FLC) Norfolk’s intent of this announcement is to identify qualified and experienced sources for a contract vehicle that will provide Navy Supply Corps Officer Career Transition Seminars.
The objective to this requirement is to develop and conduct a career transition program that is specifically designed to meet the unique needs and concerns of retiring senior U.S. Navy Supply Corps officers. The level of instruction must be appropriate for senior executives and must thoroughly prepare participants to successfully enter the civilian labor market.
Description of Services – (See attached Performance Work Statement (PWS) for further details.)
The contractor shall provide a total of two (2) Supply Corps Officer Career Transition Seminars during the base period of performance year, and two (2) during each of the four (4) Option periods. The length of each seminar is five (5) days.
For each seminar, the contractor shall provide instruction in translating executive military service into comparable civilian positions, to include the following: choosing a compatible work field, developing and honing an efficient resume and cover letter, interview techniques and considerations, translating military service to suit the needs of the civilian employer, appropriate civilian work attire, optimizing military benefits and resources, and salary and benefit package negotiation. The seminar should be conducted using at least one instructor.
1. Minimum Instructor requirements are as follows:
- Must be present during entire seminar.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in any subject area.
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience counseling flag/general officers or senior corporate executives in Fortune 500 companies on out-placement services.
- Must have served as a senior officer (O-5 or higher, active or reserves) or equivalent civilian senior manager as a Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer or Program Director.
- Must have a minimum of ten years active duty military or senior leadership experience at a Fortune 500 company.
This announcement constitutes a Sources Sought for written information only. This is not a solicitation announcement for proposals and a contract will not be awarded from this announcement. This announcement is not to be construed in any way as a commitment by the Government, nor will the Government pay for the information submitted in response.
The anticipated NAICS Code is 611430 – Professional and Management Development Training and the size standard is $15.0 M. The Government has not yet determined whether an existing strategic source vehicle will be used to satisfy this requirement. Responders should provide their business size in the NAICS.
Responses to this Sources Sought should reference N00189-23-Q-R020 and shall include the following information in this format:
- Company name, address, point of contact name, phone number, fax number and email address.
- Contract and Government Entity (CAGE) Code.
- If the services can be solicited from a GSA Schedule, or a Strategic Source vehicle, provide the GSA contract number/Strategic Source vehicle number.
- Size of business – Large Business, Small Business, Small Disadvantage, 8(a), Hubzone, Woman-owned or Service Disabled Veterans-owned.
- A rough estimate of pricing, including the basis for the pricing information (e.g., market pricing, catalog pricing), delivery schedules.
- Capability statement displaying the contractor’s ability to provide the services. (Standard company brochures will not be reviewed.)
- Include any other supporting documentation.
- Comments or suggested changes to the Government NAICs Determination.
Responses should be emailed to Tammi Reasner at email@example.com by close of business on 27 January 2023. Again, this is not a request for proposal. Respondents will not be notified of the results. Please note the information within this RFI will be updated and/or may change prior to an office synopsis/solicitation, if any issued.
Oral communications will not be accepted in response to this notice. Responses will be evaluated solely for the purpose of determining the respondent’s ability to meet the government’s requirements as described above. A determination not to compete this proposed effort on a full and open competition basis is based upon responses to this notice and is solely within the discretion of the Government. The Government will use the responses to help determine the interest and ability of qualified sources in the marketplace. This announcement is for information and planning purposes only. It does not constitute an RFQ or RFP and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government. The Government will not pay any cost associated with the submittal of information solicited herein. Responses and all related communications that contain proprietary information should be marked as such.
Attachment 1 – Navy Supply Corps Officer Career Transition Seminars
Note: Proprietary information should be clearly marked. The requested information is for planning and market research purposes only and will not be publicly released. Again, this is not a request for proposal. Respondents will not be notified of the results. Please note the information within this RFI will be updated and/or may change prior to an office synopsis/solicitation, if any issued.