57 mm MK 295 MOD 0 HE-3P Cartridges
This is a Sources Sought Notice. This notice neither constitutes a Request for Proposal, nor does it restrict the Government from an ultimate acquisition approach. This notice should not be construed as a commitment by the Government for any purpose. Requests for solicitation will not receive a response. All information is to be submitted at no cost or obligation to the U.S. Government. The U.S. Government reserves the right to reject, in whole or in part, any input as a result of this market survey. The U.S. Government is not obligated to notify respondents of the results of this survey. If a formal solicitation is generated at a later date, a solicitation notice will be published. No award will be made as a result of this market survey.
The Naval Surface Warfare Center, Indian Head Division, Contracts Department, Code 02 is seeking potential sources for production of 57mm High-Explosive Pre-Fragmented, Programmable, Proximity Fuzed (HE-3P) cartridges, to include all components, Load Assemble and Pack (LAP), and acceptance testing. The cartridges must meet or exceed the following specifications.
• Designed to function in the 57mm MK 110 Gun Mount with fuze setter;
• Cartridge shall be electrically primed;
• Cartridge consists of high explosive filled projectile with the ability to detonate in six different modes;
• Cartridges shall be clipped together with MK 8 MOD 0 Clip and packed 2 each in the MK 806 MOD 0 container.
The purpose of this Sources Sought Notice is to identify potential sources for the manufacture and delivery of 57mm HE-3P cartridges. Potential sources should have design, production, engineering, manufacturing, and quality assurance expertise and skills for this or similar items. The manufacture of these cartridges include components, assembly and packaging. Contractor test capability for conducting First Article and Lot Acceptance testing of the cartridge are desired.
The U.S. Government plans to award a Firm Fixed Price single-award one-year contract in FY23. Should a contract be pursued, the U.S. Government will award an estimated quantity of 2,000 cartridges during the one-year procurement.
The respondents shall provide the following information:
• A description of the item(s) that may be offered, should the government pursue procurement of this item.
• A brief description of any ongoing or completed Navy qualification activities related to the item(s) that may be offered.
• Past performance in manufacturing of the requested or similar items.
• A description of technical and manufacturing capability as applicable to this item.
• A description of facilities, personnel, and testing capabilities.
• All interested sources shall provide a organization name, address, a point of contact, phone number, fax number, e-mail address, business size, DUNS number, and CAGE Code.
Responses shall be provided via email no later than 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on 16 December 2022 to:
1). Naval Surface Warfare Center, Indian Head Division
Attn: Sagar Patel, Acquisition Engineer
Picatinny Arsenal, NJ 07806
Tel: (973) 724-5130
2) Naval Surface Warfare Center, Indian Head Division
Attn: Tom Howes, Contract Specialist
Tel: (973) 724-9277