REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI)
NRL RFI Announcement # N00173-20-RFI-NA03
Title: RF Channel Emulator
This announcement constitutes a Request for Information (RFI) for the purpose of determining market capability of sources or obtaining information. It does not constitute a Request for Proposals (RFP), a Request for Quote (RFQ) or an indication that the Government will contract for any of the items and/or services discussed in this notice. Any formal solicitation that may subsequently be issued will be announced separately through Contract Opportunities. It is the responsibility of any potential contractor to monitor Contract Opportunities for additional information pertaining to this topic.
Information on the specific topic of interest is provided in the following sections of this announcement. Neither the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) nor any other part of the Federal Government will be responsible for any cost incurred by responders in furnishing this information.
The NRL, Advanced Technology Branch (Code 8241), is seeking to procure an RF channel emulator. This requirement is a commercial item that must be delivered within 30 days if a contract is awarded through Contract Opportunities.
III. SPECIFIC INFORMATION OF INTEREST:
The RF Channel Simulator has the following characteristics:
- Capable of dynamically simulating the following path effects
- Path delay
- Multipath fading
- Additive White Gaussian Noise (AWGN)
- System must be capable of ingesting simulated satellite ephemeris to create dynamic simulation
- AGI System Tool Kit (STK) integration preferred
- 1 dB RF bandwidth of at least 500 MHz for each channel
- Up to 4 independent channels, time synchronized
- RF Input: 0 dBm max
- RF Output: 0 dBm max
- 50 ohm input with a maximum VSWR of 1.5:1
- Amplitude Ripple <0.75 dB p-p
- Attenuation range: 0dB – 60dB, 0.1 dB step
- Delay range: 0.05ms – 500ms
- Multipath fading:
- 8 paths
- Rayleigh fading model
- -102 dBm/Hz maximum
- 10 MHz External Reference
- System must have remote control interface
- Ethernet preferred
- System input voltage: 120V, 60Hz
- Operating Temperature: +10C – +40C
- Size: Must fit in standard 19” rack and take up no more than 6U of space
IV. SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS and FORMATTING REQUIREMENTS
Responses are requested no later than September 09, 2020 at 3:00 PM Central Standard Time. Any response received after this date will also be considered, but may not be included in initial reporting or assessments. Oral communication are not acceptable in response to this notice. Proprietary information should be marked accordingly.
- Required content and submission organization:
- Cover Sheet – RFI number, company name and address, socio-economic status, NAICS code, technical point of contact, printed name, title and email address and date. (Not included in the total page count)
- Technical description of the proposed concept or capability, and including a concise description of the specifications. This section should not exceed 5 pages, single-spaced, 12 point font, including charts, graphs, or other illustrations.
- The RFI will be evaluated solely for market research purposes. Consequently, the Government is primarily interested in Qualified Sources (Certified Resellers with a letter of certification from Barco Inc., on Barco Inc., letterhead) providing specific technical details indicating how that source can meet the Government’s needs.
- Small Business Concerns, Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Concerns, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Concerns, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) Concerns, Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Concerns and Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) Concerns are all highly encouraged to respond to this RFI.
V. LOCATION OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
The primary place of performance is at the Naval Research Laboratory – Washington, D.C. 20375-5320.
VI. QUESTIONS AND POINT OF CONTACT
Submit the responses electronically to the Contracting Officer, Mr. Nathan Carver at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 09, 2020 at 3:00 PM Central Standard Time.