This is a SOURCES SOUGHT notice. This notice is NOT a Request for Proposal (RFP). No solicitation exists at this time. The Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) seeks a cost plus fixed fee (CPFF) type contract to support Navy Strategic Missile Guidance and Reentry Subsystems.
PURPOSE OF NOTICE: This Sources Sought is being posted in accordance with DFARS 206.302 (PGI 206.302-1(d)) , which when utilizing the authority at FAR 6.302-1, the contracting officer shall post a request for information or a sources sought notice, and shall include the results of this inquiry in the justification required by FAR 6.303. As a result, this Sources Sought will be used as a Market Research tool to determine potential sources prior to determining the sole-source method of acquisition and any issuance of a possible RFP. The Government is not obligated and will not pay for any information received from potential sources as a result of this notice. SSP is only requesting capability statements from potential prime contractors at this time.
RESPONSE DEADLINE: Interested sources shall submit a capability package by the deadline provided in this notice (10 pages or less) containing: 1) Company Name and Address, 2) Company Point of Contact, 3) Email Address, 4) Phone Number, 5) specifics addressing the tasking listed below and company’s capability, 6) specifics addressing existing subject matter expertise of Strategic Weapon Systems Guidance and Reentry subsystems, 7) related past performance and 8) general corporate information. Facilities and citizen personnel must be U.S. citizens and possess a Secret Clearance or higher. The prime contractor must also be International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliant. In addition, prospective sources should be able to receive, generate, modify and store classified documentation.
Responders should indicate which portions of their response are proprietary and should mark them accordingly. Failure to provide a response does not preclude participation in any possible future competitive RFP for which a business is eligible to participate in, if any is issued. It is the responsibility of the interested businesses to monitor this Government Point of Entry website for additional information pertaining to any potential acquisition and provide security clearances if necessary to perform the subject effort.
Electronic responses are acceptable if prepared in Microsoft 2010 or newer compatible format or Adobe PDF; Email electronic responses to SSP at (email: email@example.com) with “Sources Sought N0003021R60004” in the subject line of the Email.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: The anticipated period of performance will be from 01 February 2021 through 28 February 2022.
REQUIREMENT: The work described under this Sources Sought Notice is entirely for the Strategic Systems Programs’ Conventional Prompt Strike Program. None of the work is for Trident II D5 Strategic Weapons System. The (previous) title of the Sources Sought Notice was a reflection of the contracting vehicle used, and is hereby updated. The United States is not pursuing nuclear hypersonic weapons.
The purpose of this CPFF Development Contract is to provide SSP with:
- Studies, tests and simulations to mature avionics technologies in support of hypersonic weapon concept evaluations, and identify risks for existing/new flight regimes and objectives.
- Support for the Navy’s post Flight Experiment 1 and 2 efforts such as post-test analysis and data analysis.
- Participation in the Navy/Army’s Joint Flight Campaign 1 Flight Testing efforts and data analysis, including a review of previous flight test data, future flight planning, and ground testing.
- System and Component Engineering of Navigation and avionics systems using existing production hardware.
- Onsite support at Sandia National Laboratories (SNL) and Kauai Test Facility (KTF), contested environment analysis, environment test and qualification execution support, laboratory test equipment support, development of test fixtures for the upgraded centrifuge test bed, and development and purchase of test equipment to support multiple test configurations.
The incumbent contractor is Charles Stark Draper Laboratory, located in Cambridge, MA. This is a follow-on Development effort to SSP Contract N0003019C0001, of which all previous efforts have been awarded on a sole-source basis.