Sources Sought Announcement
USS MITSCHER (DDG 57) Docking Selected Restricted Availability (DSRA)
Solicitation Number: N00024-21-R-4476
Agency: Department of the Navy
Office: Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEASYSCOM)
Location: NAVSEA HQ
This is a sources sought announcement in accordance with FAR 15.201 and in anticipation of a potential future procurement program. The Naval Sea Systems Command is conducting market research to determine industry capability and interest in performing the FY21 Docking Selected Restricted Availability (DSRA) Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) availability on the USS MITSCHER (DDG 57) on a Coast-Wide (East and Gulf Coasts) solicitation. The Naval Sea Systems Command is especially interested in determining small business capability and interest.
The Government is seeking responses from sources that can perform dock and pier-side maintenance, repair, and alterations anticipated to be November 2021 – November 2022 (subject to change).
The anticipated RFP release date is on or around 12/28/2020 (subject to change).
The Government has provided an outline of some of the work anticipated to be completed under the expected FY21 DSRA as an enclosure to this sources sought document (see Enclosure (1)). The anticipated contract type will be firm-fixed price.
What/Where to Submit:
- Companies that already possess a current NAVSEA certified Master Ship Repair Agreement (MSRA) and Agreement for Boat Repair (ABR) should submit, on company letterhead, a notice of interest including the name, telephone number, mailing address, and e-mail address of one point of contact to Commander, Naval Sea Systems Command, Attn: Daniel Magrino, SEA 02445. Please send your letter of interest and email it to the Contracting Officer Daniel Magrino, firstname.lastname@example.org, and the Contract Specialist, Thomas Williams, SEA 0244, email@example.com with “USS MITSCHER (DDG 57) FY21 DSRA Sources Sought Response” in the subject field and hand or digitally sign your letter of interest. The notice of interest should include the following information:
- The Name, CAGE, and DUNS code of company that intends to submit the proposal,
- Indicate an interest in submitting a proposal for solicitation N00024-21-R-4476
- Companies that do not already possess a NAVSEA certified Master Ship Repair Agreement (MSRA) and Agreement for Boat Repair (ABR) should submit, on company letterhead, a notice of interest including the name, telephone number, mailing address, and e-mail address of one point of contact to Commander, Naval Sea Systems Command, Attn: Daniel Magrino, SEA 02445. Please send your letter of interest and email it to the Contracting Officer Daniel Magrino, firstname.lastname@example.org, and the Contract Specialist, Thomas Williams, SEA 0244, email@example.com with “USS MITSCHER (DDG 57) FY21 DSRA Sources Sought Response” in the subject field and hand or digitally sign your letter of interest. The notice of interest should include a brief description of your company and its capabilities as they relate to the requirements set forth in Enclosure (1), and answers to the following specific questions. Please limit your response to no more than five (5) pages.
- Is your company a small or large business as defined by the Small Business Administration (SBA) under NAICS code 336611 (a small business must have 1,250 or less employees)?
- How many employees does your company have?
- Does your company have a website? If so, what is your company’s website address?
- Does your company have access to a dock and pier capable of berthing USS MITSCHER (DDG 57)?
- Does your company have a satisfactory performance record for the type of work required? Please provide examples of relevant and recent (within three years) past performance.
- Does your company have the necessary organization, experience, accounting and operational controls, and technical skills, or the ability to obtain them (including, as appropriate, such elements as production control procedures, property control systems, quality assurance measures, and safety programs applicable to materials to be produced or services to be performed by the prospective contractor and subcontractors)? In addition to the previous question, please answer the following sub-questions:
- Does your company plan on obtaining a NAVSEA certified Master Ship Repair Agreement (MSRA)?
- Does your company plan on obtaining a NAVSEA Agreement for Boat Repair (ABR)?
- Given the complexity of the work described in this announcement, including Enclosure (1), please describe your company’s historical experience completing work on similar systems at a similar complexity on the critical systems outlined in Enclosure (1), or briefly describe how your company would be capable of meeting these requirements as of contract award.
Information provided shall be treated as Business Sensitive or Confidential to the responder, exempt from public release under the Freedom of Information Act. All information shall be provided free of charge to the Government. NAVSEA may request further information regarding the capabilities of respondents to meet the requirements set forth in the announcement. This sources sought announcement is released in accordance with FAR 15.201. This sources sought announcement is not a request for proposal. The purpose of this sources sought announcement is to gather information from the market place. Information provided in response to this sources sought announcement will not be considered an offer by the responding contractor and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract.
No telephone inquiries will be accepted and requests for solicitation packages will not be granted, as a solicitation has not been prepared at this time.
When to Submit: Responses are requested no later than 09/24/2020
Notice Regarding Sources Sought: Please note that this sources sought is for information purposes and to identify potential sources. This notice does not constitute an Invitation for Bid or Request for Proposal, and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government of any kind.
Other: The Government will not pay for any effort expended or any material provided in response to this announcement or any follow up information requests, nor will the Government return any data provided.
Future information, if any, will be posted at beta.SAM.gov.
Contracting Officer Address:
NAVAL SEA SYSTEMS COMMAND, DC 1333 Isaac Hull Ave SE, Washington Navy Yard, DC 20376
Point of Contact:
Daniel Magrino, SEA 02445 Contracting Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Williams, SEA 0244 Contract Specialist, email@example.com
Enclosure (1): Outline of some of the work anticipated to be completed under the expected USS MITSCHER (DDG 57) FY21 DSRA
- Competition Area: Coast Wide – East and Gulf Coasts
- Rough Estimate Man-Days:
- Maintenance Ship Yard ~90,000
- Modernization Ship Yard ~ 3,000
- Rough Estimate Man-Days:
- Ship Particulars:
- Length: 510 ft, 10.6 inches
- Beam: 66 ft 5 inches (breadth, Molded Maximum
- Draft: 21 ft 9 inches (Full Load Condition)
- Displacement: 9191 tons
- Mean Navigable Water depth draft: >30 ft 8 inches
- Air Draft: 150.5 ft.
- Ship Particulars:
- Facility Particulars:
- Pier Length: > 509 feet 6 inches
- Electrical: 4800 amps, 450 volts, 60 hz, 3 ph (UFC 4-150-02 table C-7)
- Potable Water: 9500 GPD (UFC 4-150-02 Table C-4)
- Sea Water: 1250 GPM (UFC 4-150-02 Table C-3), 150 PSI measured at the most remote outlet (UFC 4-150-02, Para 3-3.2.1)
- Sewage: Ability to accommodate and dispose of 10,000 GPD of effluent and 10,000 GPD of waste water
- Mean Pier Water depth draft: >33 ft
- Dry Dock to support DDG51 Class Ship
- Facility Particulars:
- The Availability’s modernization scope will include a significant amount of work across multiple trades and spaces. The work will largely consist of CANES HW2 (AIT), SSEE INC F SFF, MOS MOD, BFTN AN/USQ-195A(V)1 HW, CIWS BLOCK 1B NEXT GENERATION (AIT), AWS/GWS/SEWIP: TI12/12R CPS CO (SIA), various NAVSEA Program Alts including, DDGM C1 IBNS TECH REFRESH WITH and DDGM C1 RSC REPLACEMENT. The successful contractor must be able to provide an integrated production schedule that incorporates AIT, 3rd Party contractors, and Government workload. Key trades & efforts include: structural welding, cabling pulling, piping, electrical, and ventilation work if needed. Both the prime contractor and AIT contractors will execute the structural/industrial work. Further direction will be provided in the work specification package to define the work split.
- The Availability’s maintenance requirements are expected to include the following types of work:
- MER 1/2 Bilge Preservation and repairs
- Aux 1/2 Bilge Preservation and repairs
- 05 Level Weather Decks corrosion
- Intake/Uptake repairs/preservation
- structural from the last avail (DFS)
- Below water line assessment repairs
- AFT VCHT deck replace
- Tank and void open/gas free/inspect, structural repair and preservation
- Condition-based repair and replacement of structural decks
- Condition-based repair and replacement of superstructure and deckhouse level decks
- Condition-based repair and replacement of watertight doors, hatches, and scuttles
- Mast preservation and condition based repair
- BERP Plate Replacement
- Condition-based repair and preservation of the propulsion combustion air intakes
- Condition-based repair and preservation of the propulsion exhaust air uptakes
- Replacement of RTE in MRG#2
- Replacement of CPP Hub Assembly
- Shaft bearing inspection and condition based repair
- Strut inspection and condition based repair
Electric Plant and Distribution Equipment
- GTG repairs
- Cableway inspection and condition-based repair
- Generator support system repairs
Command and Surveillance
- Tank level indicator system repairs
- Array resurfacing
- Sonar transducer and stave cable replacement
- Condition-based repair and replacement of insulation and lagging in machinery spaces
- Clean, condition-based repair to ventilation ducting as identified by the maintenance team and repair 2 ventilation fans as condition warrants and as identified by the maintenance team
- Clean all 5 A/C plant condensers
- Replace FM piping and chemically clean FM piping system
- Overhaul 1 and 2 HPAC class b
- Repair hydraulic anchor windlass and repair and preserve anchors, and anchor chain assemblies
- Repair HHDs as condition warrants and as identified by the maintenance team
- Condition-based repair to VCHT piping and VCHT valve repair as condition warrants and as identified by the maintenance team
- Replacement of degraded machinery foundations
Outfit and Furnishings
- Condition-based interior preservation
- Condition-based exterior preservation
- Condition-based repair and preservation of the stacks
- Preservation of the underwater body hull.
- Preservation of the freeboard.
- Replacement of the ICCP system and sacrificial anodes.
- Condition-based replacement of deck covering and exterior deck non-skid
- Condition-based replacement of flight and hangar deck non-skid
- Condition-based replacement of hull insulation
- Condition-based repair and preservation of RSLs
Ship Assembly and Support Services
- Services are directly related to availability, location, duration, and man-day determination. Man-days can differ by region and whether the availability is performed in a public or private ship repair facility. Services are predominately driven by availability duration with the exception of cleaning and pumping (tanks and bilges), crane, rigging, and temporary refrigeration services which are more ship-specific.
- Temporary Air Conditioning/Lodging
- Hazardous waste control
Key Maintenance Work Items (not all inclusive)
- Compensated Fuel Tank; repair
- Air Intake and Exhaust; structural repairs
- Forecastle Nonskid; replace
- Underwater Hull; preserve
- Flight Deck Nonskid; replace
- Rudder Preservation and condition based repairs
- Shaft Replacement and condition based repairs
- Sonar dome repairs and replacement of transducers
- Sonar dome hatch replacement
- Inspection and preservation of sea chest
Key Modernization Work Items (not all inclusive)
- CANES HW2
- MOS MOD
- SSEE INC F SFF
- ADNS AN/USQ-144L(V)2
- BFTN AN/USQ-195A(V)1 HW
- CIWS BLOCK 1B NEXT GENERATION
- DDGM C1 RSC REPLACEMENT
- LIQUID CONDITIONING UNIT (LCU)
- DDGM C1 IBNS TECH REFRESH