This is a sources sought announcement in accordance with FAR 15.201 and in anticipation of a potential future procurement program. The Naval Sea Systems Command is conducting market research to determine industry capability and interest in performing the FY21 Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Selected Restricted Availability (SRA) on the USS GERMANTOWN (LSD 42), solicited to be awarded to a single contractor on a coast-wide basis on the West Coast. The Naval Sea Systems Command is especially interested in determining small business capability and interest.
The Government is seeking responses from sources that can perform pier-side and dry-docking maintenance, repair, and alterations anticipated to be 12/06/2021 – 12/16/2022 (subject to change).
The anticipated RFP release date is on or around 25 January 2021.
The Government has provided an outline of some of the work anticipated to be completed under the expected FY21 SRA as an enclosure to this sources sought document (see Enclosure (1)). The anticipated contract type will be one (1) firm-fixed price contract for the USS GERMANTOWN.
What/Where to Submit:
- Companies that already possess a current NAVSEA certified Master Ship Repair Agreement (MSRA) and Agreement for Boat Repair (ABR) should submit, on company letterhead, a notice of interest including the name, telephone number, mailing address, and e-mail address of one point of contact to Commander, Naval Sea Systems Command, Attn: Erica Fetter, SEA 02445. Please send your letter of interest via email to the Contracting Officer, Erica Fetter, email@example.com, and the Contract Specialist, Benjamin Smallenbroek, SEA 02445S at firstname.lastname@example.org with “USS GERMANTOWN (LSD 42) FY21 SRA Sources Sought Response” in the subject field and hand or digitally sign your letter of interest. The notice of interest should include the following information:
- The Name, CAGE, and DUNS code of company that intends to submit the proposal,
- Indicate an interest in submitting a proposal for solicitation N00024-21-R-4471
- Companies that do not already possess a NAVSEA certified Master Ship Repair Agreement (MSRA) and Agreement for Boat Repair (ABR) should submit, on company letterhead, a notice of interest including the name, telephone number, mailing address, and e-mail address of one point of contact to Commander, Naval Sea Systems Command, Attn: Erica Fetter, SEA 02445. Please send your letter of interest and email it to the Contracting Officer, Erica Fetter, email@example.com, and the Contract Specialist, Benjamin Smallenbroek, SEA 02445S at firstname.lastname@example.org with “USS GERMANTOWN (LSD 42) FY21 SRA Sources Sought Response” in the subject field and hand or digitally sign your letter of interest. The notice of interest should include a brief description of your company and its capabilities as they relate to the requirements set forth in Enclosure (1), and answers to the following specific questions. Please limit your response to no more than five (5) pages.
- Is your company a small or large business as defined by the Small Business Administration (SBA) under NAICS code 336611 (a small business must have 1,250 or less employees)?
- How many employees does your company have?
- Does your company have a website? If so, what is your company’s website address?
- Does your company have access to a pier capable of berthing USS GERMANTOWN (LSD 42)?
- Does your company have a satisfactory performance record for the type of work required? Please provide examples of relevant and recent (within three years) past performance.
- Does your company have the necessary organization, experience, accounting and operational controls, and technical skills, or the ability to obtain them (including, as appropriate, such elements as production control procedures, property control systems, quality assurance measures, and safety programs applicable to materials to be produced or services to be performed by the prospective contractor and subcontractors)? In addition to the previous question, please answer the following sub-questions:
- Does your company plan on obtaining a NAVSEA certified Master Ship Repair Agreement (MSRA)?
- Does your company plan on obtaining a NAVSEA Agreement for Boat Repair (ABR)?
- Given the complexity of the work described in this announcement, including Enclosure (1), please describe your company’s historical experience completing work on similar systems at a similar complexity on the critical systems outlined in Enclosure (1), or briefly describe how your company would be capable of meeting these requirements as of contract award.
Information provided shall be treated as Business Sensitive or Confidential to the responder, exempt from public release under the Freedom of Information Act. All information shall be provided free of charge to the Government. NAVSEA may request further information regarding the capabilities of respondents to meet the requirements set forth in the announcement. This sources sought announcement is released in accordance with FAR 15.201. This sources sought announcement is not a request for proposal. The purpose of this sources sought announcement is to gather information from the market place. Information provided in response to this sources sought announcement will not be considered an offer by the responding contractor and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract.
No telephone inquiries will be accepted and requests for solicitation packages will not be granted, as a solicitation has not been prepared at this time.
When to Submit: Responses are requested no later than 17 SEP 2020.
Notice Regarding Sources Sought: Please note that this sources sought is for information purposes and to identify potential sources. This notice does not constitute an Invitation for Bid or Request for Proposal, and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government of any kind.
Other: The Government will not pay for any effort expended or any material provided in response to this announcement or any follow up information requests, nor will the Government return any data provided.
Future information, if any, will be posted at beta.SAM.gov.
Contracting Officer Address:
NAVAL SEA SYSTEMS COMMAND, DC 1333 Isaac Hull Ave SE, Washington Navy Yard, DC 20376
Point of Contact:
Erica Fetter, SEA 02445 Contracting Officer, email@example.com
Benjamin Smallenbroek, SEA 02445S Contract Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org