1.0: U.S. Navy Activity
The Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR), Program Executive Officer, Air, Anti-Submarine Warfare and Special Weapons (PEO-A), Airborne Strategic Command, Control and communications Program Office (PMA-271) is seeking sources capable of providing follow-on E-6B Sustaining Engineering support services.
2.0: LEGAL NOTICE
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT CONSTITUTES A SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE. THIS SOURCES SOUGHT IS ISSUED AS MARKET RESEARCH SOLELY FOR INFORMATION AND PLANNING PURPOSES – IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) OR A PROMISE TO ISSUE AN RFP IN THE FUTURE. THIS SOURCES SOUGHT DOES NOT COMMIT THE GOVERNMENT TO AWARD A CONTRACT AS A RESULT OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BELOW IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE FINAL REQUIREMENT WILL BE DEFINED UNDER A FORMAL RFP. FURTHER, THE NAVY IS NOT AT THIS TIME SEEKING PROPOSALS AND WILL NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED PROPOSALS. RESPONDENTS ARE ADVISED THAT THE GOVERNMENT WILL NOT PAY FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS INCURRED IN RESPONSE TO THIS SOURCE SOUGHT NOTICE. ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH RESPONDING TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT WILL BE SOLELY AT THE EXPENSE OF THE INTERESTED PARTY. NOT RESPONDING TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT DOES NOT PRECLUDE PARTICIPATION IN ANY FUTURE RFP, IF ISSUED. IF A SOLICITATION IS RELEASED, IT WILL BE SYNOPSIZED ON THE SYSTEM FOR AWARD MANAGEMENT WEBSITE. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE POTENTIAL OFFERORS TO MONITOR THIS WEBSITE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THIS REQUIREMENT.
The Navy’s requirement is for E-6B Sustaining Engineering Support Services for systems/subsystems/components where Collins Aerospace (CA) is the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or systems integrator and have historically been provided by CA. The following are examples of CA systems/subsystems/components that are applicable to this requirement: Block I, Very Low Transmit Terminal (VTT), Internet Protocol Bandwidth Expansion (IPBE), Sustainment and Support System (SASS), Very Low Frequency (VLF)/ High Frequency (HF)/ Ultra High Frequency (UHF) communications, Voice Over Satellite (VOSAT), High Power Transmit Set (HPTS), Test Bench Nuclear Hardness (TBNH), Antenna Tensioner Reeling Machine (ATRM), as well as various navigation (ex. GPS Antenna) and power generation components (ex. Integrated Drive Generator).
The applicable North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code is 336411 with a Small Business Size standard of 1,000 employees. The Product Service Code (PSC) is J016. Businesses of all sizes are encouraged to respond; however, each respondent must clearly identify their business size.
5.0: Requested Information
5.1 Respondent Description
1. An UNCLASSIFIED description of the respondent’s general capabilities to support this effort to include any existing licensing agreements with the OEM, which may allow access to technical data required to fulfill the requirements.
2. CAGE code, Data Universal Numbering System (D-U-N-S Number), and mailing address.
3. Business size: Companies responding to this request should indicate whether they are a large or small business, small disadvantaged business, woman-owned business, HUBZONE small business and/or service disabled veteran-owned small business. Please inform us if your company intends to perform the work as the prime contractor or if you desire to subcontract with a prime contractor. Ensure your response contains your company’s name, street address, point of contact with phone number and email address, company web page URL.
5.2 Information Sought
NAVAIR expects to receive from each respondent an UNCLASSIFIED Full Response with their capability/concept summary, which contains a description of the proposed Sustaining engineering support concept. The concept summary shall be written from a system solution perspective showing how the concept and development methodology could satisfy the following requirements and submitted to the Government no later than 07 October 2020.
- Approach and/or strategy to accomplish the following:
- The application of the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) methodology
- Analyze system operation and failure data to refine/adjust repair projections and maintenance specifications. Update FMECA as required.
- Recommend investigations, trade studies and capability demonstrations for potential upgrades, design changes and technology insertion programs for product improvements.
- Prepare Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) for production, prototyping, installation and testing associated with ECPs for the E-6B Aircraft, MAS, Commander Naval Air Technical Training (CNATT) trainers, Systems Integration Lab (SIL), and associated support equipment.
- Monitor systems for A-799 rates, as defined in CNAF 4790.2 (series), maintenance and effectiveness of fault isolation, technical data and other support elements.
- Respond to technical inquires and develop technical solutions to operating and maintenance problems.
- Make recommendations for Technology Refresh/Insertion.
- Within fifteen (15) working days of receipt of Service Letters/Service Bulletins, the contractor shall review and submit recommendations to the Navy.
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge and experience in the following:
- Knowledge of, and experience with Cybersecurity Information System Continuous Monitoring (ISCM).
- Access to the design data, drawings, design principles/concepts, and labs that are necessary to provide the required analysis support.
- Experience applicable to the engineering, modification, and qualification of VLF receive systems, or like systems that maximize hardware and software commonality and enables future technology refresh/ enhancements.
- Experience with engineering and integration using Government Furnished Information (GFI) to include Peculiar Support Equipment (PSE).
- Demonstrated software development capabilities to enable engineering development, integration, and test of complex embedded real-time systems.
- Experience with hardware and software reuse and integration and associated lessons learned.
- Experience with the engineering, development, and test of equipment designated for airborne environments.
- Experience with engineering, development, and test of equipment requiring nuclear hardening, Electro-Magnetic Pulse (EMP), and TEMPEST (emanations security).
- Experience with maintenance practices and operational procedures to improve system performance, extend service life and reduce costs.
- Program / Project Management:
- Demonstrated ability providing program management, planning, scheduling, and execution information to the Government in a timely manner; include examples of tools and techniques used for project management.
- Demonstrated capability to handle and safeguard classified material and information.
- Demonstrated and documented past performance of complex development and modification programs, including examples of current and/or recent efforts identifying cost, schedule, and performance risk/opportunities.
- Demonstrated capability to deliver complex systems within the schedule provided by the Government.