Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command, Mid-Atlantic, is issuing this Sources Sought Notice for market research purposes only. This notice does NOT constitute a request for proposal, quote, and/or invitation for bid. The purpose of this notice is to determine the availability of Facility Related Control Systems (FRCS) building heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system Direct Digital Controllers with the following salient characteristics from responsible sources:
1. Capability of controlling Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) systems.
2. Capability of being operated using Automated Logic Corporation (ALC) software (WebCTRL® and EIKON® including SiteBuilder and ViewBuilder) for their configuration and programming to create, modify, and download control programming, database, graphics, and controller configuration files.
3. Capability to connect to the existing Energy Management Control System (EMCS) at JEB Little Creek and Fort Story, Virginia.
4. Capability to obtain an Authority to Operate (ATO) certification in accordance with Department of Defense Instruction (DODI) 8500.01 and DODI 8510.01.
NAVFAC Mid-Atlantic is working on a Class Justification and Approval (J&A) for various projects at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story. This Class J&A would authorize the inclusion of brand-name specifications, under the authority of 10 U.S.C. 2304(c)(1), for Direct Digital Controllers utilizing Automated Logic Corporation (ALC) software for Configuration/Programming and for Connection to the EMCS at JEB Little Creek and Fort Story, Virginia. It is anticipated that the proposed Class J&A will cover various construction projects from Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 to 2024.
•The ALC WebCTRL Building Automation System is a type of Direct Digital Controller (DDC) System that monitors and controls the HVAC system for a building.
•The WebCTRL Building Automation System consists of several hardware components including, but not limited to, building controllers, equipment controllers, central plant controller controllers, room controllers, routers and integrators.
•The WebCTRL Building Automation System also consists of the software necessary to operate the system in addition to allowing the integration of multiple WebCTRL Building Automation Systems.
•Further technical specifications pertaining to the WebCTRL Building Automation System can be found on ALC’s website at: https://automatedlogic.com.
Based on internal Government research, the following was found to be sufficient preliminary rationale to permit other than full and open competition under the authority of 10 U.S.C. 2304(c)(1), Only One Responsible Source/Limited Number of Sources and No Other Type of Property or Services Will Satisfy the Needs of the Agency.
1. Establish and maintain a defensible cybersecurity posture.
2. Maximize utilization of existing government-licensed ALC software to configure and program the controllers.
3. Maintain installation networked facilities control and monitoring system so that all controllers can be programmed from a central station versus a hybrid system composed of many different controllers and associated configuration/programming software
4. Avoid the significant operational burden and cost of having maintenance and engineering staff become proficient with the configuration, programming, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of controllers from different manufacturers.
INSTRUCTIONS TO INTERESTED PARTIES:
Please note that this is not a Request for Proposal (RFP), a promise to contract, or a commitment of any kind on the part of the Government. There will be no debrief, evaluation letters, and/or results to be issued to interested parties that choose to respond. Information obtained from this Sources Sought Notice is for market research purposes to determine whether another companies’ similar products can meet, or be modified to meet, the Governments needs which will facilitate the decision making process. All information received in response to this Sources Sought Notice marked or designated as proprietary information will not be released outside the Government. The Government shall not reimburse or assume any cost incurred by interested parties that respond to this notice.
Interested parties shall provide the following:
1. Company Information – Attachment 1
2. Direct Digital Controllers Technical Information:
Provide a list of commercially available direct digital controllers, manufactured by your organization, for which Automated Logic Corporation (ALC) software (WebCTRL® and EIKON® including SiteBuilder and ViewBuilder) have been utilized to create, modify, and download control programing, database, graphics, and controller configuration files. Include the following information for each controller:
a. Model Number, Catalog Number, Code Number, or equivalent model designation
b. Product Description
c. Controller Application (please specify): ‘Building Level Controller’ or ‘Zone Controller’ or ‘Equipment Controller’ or ‘Other'
d. Communications Protocol: ‘BACnet’
e. Manufacturer's technical data sheets.
3. Experience (3 pages maximum):
Identify one (l) to three (3) installed systems where ALC software (WebCTRL® and EIKON® including SiteBuilder and ViewBuilder) has been used to successfully program and configure non-ALC direct digital controllers presented under item 1 above, which serve Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems. For each project, provide:
a. Customer Point of Contact including name, phone number, and email
b. Narrative Description of the product/services provided by your organization
c. If available, Project information including title, project location (city/state), procurement contract number, and contract value.
Responses to this notice shall be sent electronically to Holly Manning, Contract Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2:00pm EST on Friday, 09/24/2021. Hardcopy or facsimile submissions shall not be accepted or considered by the Government. Responses received after the deadline or without the required information shall not be considered by the Government.