SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE
United States Marine Corps
College of Distance Education and Training (CDET)
This is NOT a Request for Proposal (RFP) or a Request for Quotation (RFQ); it is strictly a Request for Information (RFI). This RFI is issued in accordance with FAR Clause 52.215-3 for planning purposes only. Neither unsolicited proposals nor any other offers will be considered in response to this RFI. Responses to this notice are not offers and will not be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly.
The Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC) is seeking information from sources that are interested in being a prime contractor to provide operation for the Marine Corps University (MCU), College of Distance Education and Training (CDET) Marine Corps Distance Learning Program (MCDLP) Learning Resource Centers (LRC). CDET is a total force educational institution: it serves all U.S. military forces and DoD government agencies, as well as international military forces. Professional military education (PME) is a career-long study of the foundations of the military profession, designed to equip Marines with the analytical skills necessary to exercise sound military judgment in contemporary operations. The MarineNet programs and courses concentrate on the leadership, warfighting, and staff development skills of the nation's military. It features the educational standards and objectives of the Joint Professional Military Education (JPME) program required by the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Most MarineNet courses meet specific Marine Corps training requirements and are extensions of resident schools. Other MarineNet courses are commercially developed and licensed to support individual skill development in subjects like information technology, leadership, business, language, and personal development. CDET provides PME programs to officers and enlisted.
The Marine Corps distance learning network, MarineNet, provides Marine Corps training and educational products in an online resource which is also classified as interactive multimedia instruction. MarineNet provides 24/7 access to thousands of online courses and are purposefully designed to support students without an instructor. Courses include a variety of practical exercises, preliminary exams, end-of-course exams, end-of-course surveys, and incremental checks on learning. MarineNet course examinations draw from a large bank of questions which are randomized to ensure all learning objectives are assessed. Certain courses provide school and promotion credits which may require a proctored examination. All exam proctors are at secured learning resource centers (LRCs) and unit training sections. The MarineNet portal is located at marinenet.usmc.mil.
There are 40 LRC’s located at bases and stations in Quantico, VA, Indian Head MD., Camp Lejeune, NC, Parris Island, SC, Beaufort, SC, Pensacola, FL, Fort Leonard Wood, MO, Yuma, AZ, Miramar, CA, Camp Pendleton, CA, Kaneohi Bay, HI, Okinawa, Japan and Iwakuni, Japan. The operation of the LRC’s are usually during normal working hours and provide oversight and proctoring of students and examinations for patrons.
This notice sets forth the requirements for interested parties who may possess the capabilities to provide support services for the Marine Corps CDET MCDLP LRC’s.
Interested parties capable of performing the required services, in whole, or by teamed effort, are invited to submit a response to this notice. Partial solutions should not be submitted. Interested parties are requested to provide capability summaries supported by brochures, prior experience references for this type of effort, and other literature directly addressing their ability to meet the aforementioned requirement. The expected period of performance is five years.
OTHER REQUESTED INFORMATION:
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for this effort is expected to be 541513 Computer Facilities Management Services. The Small Business size standard is $30,000,000. The Government is seeking responses from both Large and Small Businesses for this RFI.
Parties interested in providing information in response to this notice are invited to provide the following information to assist the Government with its market survey:
- Introductory statement that includes at least the following:
- Organization Name, Address and Point of Contact information.
- DUNS and CAGE Code.
- Business size and type (i.e., large, small, foreign, small disadvantaged, veteran owned, minority owned, etc.). Please include your company's business size based on the above NAICS code.
- Statement of capabilities addressing the Government’s potential requirement. Information contained in the capability statement should be pertinent and specific to the Government’s requirement and, at a minimum, address the following qualifications:
- (1) Experience: An outline of previous work, with an emphasis on specific work previously performed or currently being performed which is similar to the requirement, to include customer contract number and point of contact information. For contract references provide relevance in terms of scope and complexity to work described in the RFI, the percentage of work done by the company associated with the reference, and whether it was done as a sub-contractor or prime;
- (2) Personnel: Amount, availability, experience and qualifications of current employees that can support the effort or the existence of and accessibility to potential employees (statements of intent are not needed) and how you intend to provide instructors at overseas locations;
- (3) Facilities: Availability and description of facilities, including location, to support performance;
- (4) Security: A statement regarding facility and personnel security clearances (at the Secret level);
- (5) Organization structure;
- (6) Interest level: Include an affirmative statement you are a large or small business and interested in performing as a prime contractor. (This notice is not seeking to identify subcontractors or to match subcontractors with prime contractors). Include any other specific and relevant information as it pertains to the particular services to enhance our understanding of your company’s capability to meet the requirement.
Responses should be no greater-than 5MB (due to USMC network limitations) and are requested not to exceed ten printed pages (excluding brochures, specification sheets, etc.) that are not larger than 8 ½" x 11" for each page. Responses must be readable in Microsoft Office 2013 and/or Adobe Reader.
Respondents are discouraged from providing proprietary data or business sensitive information but shall bear sole responsibility for appropriately marking any such information they choose to submit. Submissions shall not contain classified information.
NOTE: Responses should address how the company would support the Government’s attached draft Performance Work Statement (PWS) with skills, personnel and management, or any category deemed necessary by interested parties.
SUBMISSION PROCESS AND DUE DATE: 18 November 2020 1600 Local time (Quantico VA).
To respond to this notice, please supply the requested information via e-mail to: Teri Snyder and Randy Jewett at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The due date for responses to this notice is 16 November 2020.
Contact Information-The following is the Point of Contact (POC) for this RFI: Teri Snyder, email@example.com. Any questions and/or comments should be submitted NO LATER THAN 9 November 2020.
NOTE: This Sources Sought Notice is issued in accordance with FAR Clause 52.215-3 for planning purposes only. This notice is issued for the purpose of determining the capability of sources and does not constitute an Invitation for Bid (IFB), a Request for Proposal (RFP), a Request for Quotation (RFQ) or an indication that the Government will contract for any of the items and/or services contained in this notice. No solicitation document exists. Any information that the company considers proprietary should be clearly marked. All information received in response to this notice that is clearly marked Proprietary will be handled accordingly. Responses may not include classified material. Responses to this notice will not be returned. No reimbursement will be made for any costs to provide information in response to this announcement or any follow-up information requests. Information or statements contained herein are not binding upon the Government.