Marine Corps Field Contracting System, Marine Corps Installations East, Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune, NC is issuing this sources sought synopsis as a means of conducting market research to identify parties having an interest in and the resources to support this requirement for privately owned vehicle storage. The result of this market research will contribute to determining the method of procurement.
The applicable NAICS code is 493190, Other Warehousing and Storage, with a small business size standard of $30 million.
THERE IS NO SOLICITATION AT THIS TIME. This request for capability information does not constitute a request for proposals; submission of any information in response to this market survey is purely voluntary; the government assumes no financial responsibility for any costs incurred.
If your organization has the potential capacity to perform these contract services, please provide the following information: 1) Organization name, address, email address, website address, telephone number, and size and type of ownership for the organization; and 2) Tailored capability statements addressing the particulars of this effort, with appropriate documentation supporting claims of organization and staff capability.
The government will evaluate market information to ascertain potential market capacity to 1) provide services consistent in scope and scale with those described in this notice and otherwise anticipated; 2) secure full range of resources required to successfully perform; and 3) implement a successful project management plan.
Based on the responses to this sources sought notice/market research this requirement may be set aside for small business or procured through full and open competition. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted or acknowledged, and no feedback or evaluations will be provided to companies regarding their submissions.
Submission Instructions: Interested parties who consider themselves qualified to perform the above listed services are invited to submit a response to this Sources Sought Notice via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. TELEPHONE RESPONSES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Responses must be received no later than 26 October 2020 at 4:00 pm EST.
Primary Point of Contact: Vivian Porter, 910-451-3018, email@example.com
OVERVIEW: The Distribution Management Office (DMO) has an ongoing requirement to provide storage for personally owned vehicles (POV) for deploying service members aboard Camp Lejeune and Camp Lejeune satellite activities. The Contractor shall provide all services necessary to store vehicles owned by deploying Government personnel in a safe, secure storage area within the Contractor’s facility.
- The Contractor shall provide all required services to receive, store, and maintain POVs, in a safe, secure condition.
- Storage services shall be provided 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. For vehicle turn in and pickup, normal hours of operation shall be between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- In certain cases the Government may have a need to remove vehicles from the Contractor's facility, i.e., in the case of a deceased member, etc., and may require the contractor to tow the vehicle to lot 201, aboard Camp Lejeune, NC, or some other designated area.
- The Contractor shall start/run each vehicle at least once every 30 days, cycle the air conditioner and heater.
- The Contractor shall, every 30 days, check tire pressure, maintain proper tire pressure by adding air, to prevent flat spots on tires.
- Storage facility shall be located within 10 driving miles of the Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune Front Gate (Holcomb Boulevard) or the Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune Piney Green Gate (located at Piney Green Road and Hwy 24).
- Within 30 days of notification of contract award, expected in December 2020, the contractor’s facility shall be ready to accept up to 1,200 vehicles. All facilities shall be within 10 driving miles of the Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune Front Gate (Holcomb Boulevard) or the Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune Piney Green Gate (located at Piney Green Road and Hwy 24).
- To ensure the vehicles are stored in a safe, secure condition, the storage area(s) shall have as a minimum the following features:
- Minimum 8 foot high fence around the entire storage area;
- Location(s) shall be lighted with sufficient light to visually detect intrusion;
- 24 hour video surveillance monitoring and recording; and
- Gravel or asphalt area with adequate runoff capacity to prevent flooding and/or puddles of standing water.