REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
M00264-21-R-FI0216 USMC-Static Source Code Analysis
The Marine Corps Installations, National Capital Region – Regional Contracting Office (MCINCR-RCO), Marine Corps Base, Quantico, VA is seeking information on behalf of United States Marine Corps Technology Service Organization (TSO).
CONTRACTING OFFICE ADDRESS: Marine Corps Installations – National Capital Region, Regional Contracting Office (MCINCR RCO), located on Marine Corps Base, 2010 Henderson Road, Quantico, VA.
The Technology Services Organization (TSO) requires the continuing capability to perform static source code analysis of its repositories in order to identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities resident in the source code of the systems developed, sustained, and managed by the TSO.
TSO is looking for a tool to assess and ensure code that is free of known security vulnerabilities.
This is a REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) ONLY to obtain industry’s feedback on the anticipated scope of work, potential performance risks as well as any other related considerations for the required services.
North American Industry Classification System Code (NAICS)
The NAICS Code anticipated for this requirement is 541519- Other Related Computer Services.
Please respond to the following concerns:
- Please provide your technical comments/recommendations on elements of the “DRAFT” requirement document that may contribute to a more comprehensive requirement.
- Is this draft specification appropriate as a firm fixed priced (FFP) contract type? Please provide comments/recommendations of appropriate contract types.
- Please provide suggestions on how to define objectives to provide industry with clear understanding of the requirement.
- Please provide suggestions on metrics that would help industry to propose pricing and would assist the Government further defining this requirement.
- The NAICS Code anticipated for this requirement is currently 541519- Other Related Computer Services; however, please provide suggestions for other NAICS Codes that may be more appropriate if any.
- Are there any potential risks related to performance or cost given this specification? If so, please identify and provide recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Identify any condition or action that may be having the effect of unnecessarily restricting competition with respect to this acquisition.
- Please provide Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) pricing given the draft requirements. If unable to do so, please specify what additional data is needed. Please include shipping in estimates. This ROM is non-binding and does not constitute an official request for pricing.
- Must be registered in SAM (beta.sam.gov) in order to receive a government contract.
Submissions shall reference RFI No. “M00264-21-R-FI0216 USMC-Static Source Code Analysis” in the subject line.
Interested vendors who wish to respond to this RFI should send responses via email no later than 14 September 2021, 11:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) to, Joy Hughes, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested vendors should respond to the areas of concerns cited under the “INDUSTRY FEEDBACK” section of this document. Request responses shall be provided in no more than 5 pages.
Questions and comments regarding this requirement will be accepted, reviewed and answered if the Government determines responses are warranted.
Submissions must include:
- Business name and address
- Name of company representative and their business title
- Type of Business (Please denote if you are a Small Business and if any, socioeconomic designation.
- Cage Code/DUNS/SAM; and
- Contract vehicles that would be available to the Government (i.e. ENCORE II, General Service Administration (GSA), GSA MOBIS, GSA 8(a) STARS II, NIH, NASA SEWP, OASIS, Federal Supply Schedules (FSS), etc.) and applicable contract number.
Proprietary information and trade secrets, if any, must be clearly marked on all materials. All information received that is marked Proprietary will be handled accordingly. Please be advised that all submissions become Government property and will not be returned. All government personal reviewing RFI responses understand their responsibility for proper use and protection from unauthorized disclosure of proprietary information as described 41 USC 423.
The Government shall not be held liable for any damages incurred if proprietary information is not properly identified.
THIS RFI IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR QUOTES/PROPOSALS. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT. RESPONSES IN ANY FORM ARE NOT OFFERS AND THE GOVERNMENT IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO AWARD A CONTRACT AS A RESULT OF THIS POSTING. NO FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE TO PAY FOR PREPARATION OF RESPONSES TO THIS POSTING. ANY INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY RESPONDENTS TO THIS TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY.