This purpose of this notice is to perform SOURCES SOUGHT/MARKET RESEARCH. This is NOT a solicitation. This announcement is for information and planning purposes only and is not to be construed as a commitment, implied or otherwise, to issue a solicitation or award a contract.
RESPONSES REQUESTED FROM ALL INTERESTED FIRMS
Mission Support and Test Services LLC (MSTS) is the Operations and Management (O&M) Contractor for the Department of Energy’s Nevada National Security Site (NNSS), which is located approximately 65 miles northwest of Las Vegas, NV. MSTS is conducting market research to determine potential sources having the qualification, experience, and bonding necessary to perform the described work. The project is planned as a Design, Fabricate and Install fixed-price project.
The requirement is for construction of a new water storage tank with associated site development, piping, and appurtenances. The new tank will be 250,000 gallon capacity, welded steel, and nuclear safety-significant. The location is in a property protection area on the NNSS site, adjacent to an existing similar water storage tank; thus, all personnel must be U.S. Citizens, no DOE Q nor DOE L access authorization will be required. MSTS , seeks to subcontract with a firm that has an established quality assurance program that meets or is equivalent to ASME NQA-1-2008/2009a, “Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications”, or later.
This requirement will be awarded as a firm fixed price design and construction contract. MSTS may use responses to this market survey to make an appropriate acquisition decision for this project. The type of solicitation issued and the manner of advertisement may depend on the responses to this market survey. Both Large and Small businesses are invited to respond to this notice as set-aside requirements have not yet been determined.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR RESPONSES TO THIS MARKET SURVEY shall include the following:
1) Your intent to submit for this project when it is formally advertised.
2) Name of firm with address, phone and point of contact. Indicate whether or not your firms is a U.S. firm or a foreign firm.
3) CAGE Code and/or DUNS number
4) Size of firm (number of employees and gross annual sales).
5) Firm’s Bonding Capacity – single and aggregate capability.
6) Contract data sheet identifying your recent and relevant experience that would qualify your firm to perform the specified type of work. This should include experience with the construction of new aboveground water storage tank systems, and a Quality Assurance Program that can meet applicable NQA-1 requirements. Submit no more than three (3) past completed projects within the past seven (7) years from the date of this Sources Sought for which your firm performed work. Data sheets must address recent experience with construction of NQA-1 projects. Provide any additional information to further substantiate the capabilities of your firm to perform the specific type of work that this project involves.
Please send responses to
Jim Unland at email email@example.com.
Please submit no later than 15 October 2020.