This Sources Sought Notice is to conduct market research and is not a solicitation for proposals or quotations. This sources sought is for planning purposes only and shall not be considered an Invitation for Bid, Request for Quotation, or a Request for Proposal. The North American Industry Classification system (NAICS) for this requirement is 541512 Computer Systems Design Services, and the size standard $30.0.
The purpose of this notice is to obtain information regarding the availability and capability of qualified sources. The Navajo Area Indian Health Service (NAIHS), Gallup Service Unit (GSU), is seeking sources who can provide a blood bank software solution for the Gallup Indian Medical Center.
The proposed software solution should permit medical providers to enter orders for blood bank testing and, orders for specific blood products. It would permit logging and tracking of all blood component inventories and, inventory of all testing reagents. Blood component data would be barcode scanned into the inventory, as can testing reagents and specimen samples. The blood bank software solution will record testing data at all stages of testing both for patients, components and quality control and, can readily be interfaced with automated blood bank instrumentation so that testing results can be automatically entered to the software solution's database. As each event occurs, that event, patient or, test result must be automatically recorded. Additionally, the software should have available algorithms to provide blood type and blood compatibility interpretations and, to verify acceptability of blood unit assignments with respect to any patient's blood type and available testing history data.
The capability statement should include the following:
- Contractor qualifications and experience in providing blood bank software solutions. Contractor shall demonstrate how the company can provide the requested services that are required.
- Include installation of the software on a dedicated service using either LINUX or Microsoft operating system.
- Include the configuration and customization of software.
- Include technical support and equipment repair, including routine preventative maintenance
- Past performance in providing the requested services to the Indian Health Service, other Government (Federal or State) agency, or for a private facility, within the past three (3) years. Include contract number, point of contact, telephone number or e-mail address.
- The company DUNS number and System for Award Management (SAM) registration status.
- Government Point of Contact.
- Please indicate whether service is available under contract with GSA Federal Supply Schedule and if so, provide the contract number or indicate if service is “open market.”
- The company socio-economic status (e.g. SDVOSB, VOSB, WOSB, SB, Large Business, 8a, etc.)
Responses to this Sources Sought Notice shall be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3:00 p.m. MDT, March 25, 2021. Please place "Attention: Blood Bank Software Solution" in the subject line of your email. This notice is to assist the GSU in determining sources only.
NOTE: Responses to this notice will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. This notice shall not be construed as a commitment by the Government to ultimately award a contract, nor does it restrict the Government to particular acquisition approach. All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary; the Government will not pay for information requested nor will it compensate any respondent for any cost incurred in developing information provided to the Government in response to this sources sought.