THIS IS NOT A FORMAL REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) AND DOES NOT COMMIT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH, CLINICAL CENTER, OFFICE OF PURCHASING AND CONTRACTS, TO AWARD A CONTRACT NOW OR IN THE FUTURE
This is a SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE to determine the availability of small businesses (e.g., 8(a), service-disabled veteran owned small business, HUBZone small business, small disadvantaged business, veteran-owned small business, and women-owned small business) under NAICS code, 335220, to provide
The contractor is to ensure quality products that represent the best value to the Government. Because this is a research environment, safety and efficiency are also critical factors. The contractor will quote, deliver, install (vendor assisted) the following equipment and supplies required for the project.
1. Flight type or conveyor type dish machine – A modern, efficient dish machine is needed to support cleaning and sanitizing of dishes, small wares and trays for the average 400 trays served per day at the NIH Clinical Center. The dish machine needs identified by the Nutrition Department include the following features:
- No more than 20 feet in length
- Ergonomic design
- Easily cleaned and maintained
- Steam heated
- Able to accommodate 15” x 20” trays
2. Breakdown table – The dish machine must include are for breaking down trays and dishes prior to running through dish machine for cleaning must include:
- Trough for soaking & rinsing small wares
- Garbage disposal/scrapper for disposing of food scraps and tray tickets
The system (dish machine and breakdown table) must fit into 29 ft x 12 ft space with room for egress and ease of cleaning/maintenance.
This contract will cover Installation and removal costs associated with moving, procurement and any additional costs (storage) associated with the equipment. Additionally, the contract will include a continued maintenance plan for 4 years following installation.
Place of Performance
NIH Clinical Data Center
10 Center Drive Bldg 10
Bethesda, MD 20892
a. DUNS Number
b. Company POC, Phone and Email Address
c. Company Address (Company Point of Contact, phone number and email address)
e. Type/Size of company, NAICS code, and Social Economic status, as validated at SAMs.
f. Current GSA Schedule
g. Tax ID Number
The synopsis is for information and planning purposes and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government. This is not a solicitation announcement for proposals and no contract will be awarded from this announcement. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this announcement and any follow-up information requests. Respondents will not be notified of the results of the evaluation. All information submitted in response to this announcement must arrive on or before the closing date.
Responses must be submitted to the POC within 10 calendar days (8/10/20) from the date of this synopsis. Responses shall be limited to 10 pages.
Attn: Lynda Cole
NIH CC OPC
6707 Democracy Blvd
Bethesda, MD 20892-5480