1. This Sources Sought Notice is issued in accordance with DFARS 206.302-1(d) and PGI 206.302-1. This is not a Request for Proposals. The purpose of this Sources Sought Announcement is to conduct market research and to gain awareness of any additional potential qualified sources interested and capable of performing the work.
2. The United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), Special Operation Forces (SOF), Acquisition Technology and Logistics (AT&L), Directorate of Procurement, intends to award a sole source contract under the authority of FAR 6.302-1 to Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), cage code 4EXW5. Only one responsible source and no other supplies or services will satisfy the Government’s requirements to replace legacy AC/MC-130 fleets with critical automation and integration of SOF Tactical Mission Systems, including navigation, communication, precision strike, threat management, and defensive systems required for safe flight in AC/MC-130J reduced crew compliment aircraft. In total, planned scope includes the modification of 94 aircraft (37 AC-130Js/57 MC-130Js), plus 20 training devices, and accounts of 38 spare kits for peacetime and contingency stocks.
The aircraft revision is based on the need for a special mission system (SMS) suite capable of integrating and automating SOF tactical mission systems (TMS) with no or minimal impact to the core C-130J based Operational Flight Program (OFP) software, which is very expensive to modify and upgrade. The SMS suite requirement intends to fully integrate and automate a SOF TMS defensive countermeasures suite (DCM), without impacting core aircraft controls and displays.
3. All aircraft must undergo full qualification testing in a System Integration Lab (SIL) as well as ground and flight testing on SOF configured AC/MC-130J aircraft. The required aircraft level integration must include systems engineering, systems architecture, and publications management as well the ability to perform specific AC/MC-130J engineering analyses, field level engineering and technical support. Companies must have access, and the ability to perform work in a facility and with personnel cleared at the Secret classification level, at minimum.
4. This notice does not constitute an Invitation for Bids (IFB), a Request for Quote (RFQ), or a Request for Proposal (RFP) and it should not be construed as a commitment of any kind by USSOCOM to issue a formal solicitation or ultimately award a contract. USSOCOM is in no way liable to pay for or reimburse any companies or entities that respond to this announcement. Any costs incurred by interested companies in response to this announcement will NOT be reimbursed.
5. All information marked as proprietary information will be safeguarded to prevent disclosures to non-government personnel and entities.