In accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 10, Market Research, this Sources Sought (SS) Notice is for market research and planning purposes only and shall not be construed as a solicitation or as an obligation on the part of the Government. This SS is open to both large and small businesses. Small businesses are encouraged to respond.
The Flathead National Forest is conducting market research and seeking written responses with information to assist the Government in identifying potential sources that are interested and capable of performing the work summarized in the scope herein. This is not a Statement of Work (SOW) and is only intended to provide interested parties with a brief description and basic understanding of the prospective nature of work required.
Procurement & Property Services Intermountain is in the process of seeking qualified sources capable of filling the requirement for veterinary services and supplies. Common services/services include but limited to:
- Wellness Exams/Dental exams for all newly acquired horses and mules
- Routine Dental care like floating teeth, extractions
- Routine medical exams/vaccinations/deworming
- Urgent medical exams and potentially hospitalization for a variety of reasons (vet availability needed 24 hours a day/7 days a week):
- Injuries (strains, sprains, etc)
- Abscesses and ulcers
- Infections (Strangles, etc)
- Choking and choking related infections, aspirations
- Euthanasia (usually urgent to relive suffering of an animal)
- Annual vaccinations/deworming (i.e. ivermectin, tetanus, encephalitis)
- First aid kit supplies (Medications including Bute, Banamine, Uniprim, SMZ, Gauze, bandages, vet wrap; Syringes of various sizes; Cleaning solutions, wound ointments, blue lotion, betadine; Bandage scissors, gloves, tweezers, ice packs)
- Fly spray/ointments/ roll-ons
This SS notice is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation or obligation on the part of the Government. Per FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not considered offers, shall not be used as a proposal, and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract.
The Government is not responsible for any costs incurred as a result of responding to this SS. No evaluation letters and/or results will be issued to the respondents; however, the Government does reserve the right to contact any respondent to obtain additional information.
Responses from interested/responsible parties are due no later than 3:00 pm MST February 16, 2023. Responses may be submitted via e-mail or postal marked mail. All responses should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Veterinary Services).
Please include the following information in your responses:
- Phone Number:
- Point of Contact:
- E-mail Address:
- Website Address:
- Identify your business as large or small:
- Cage Code and SAM UEI:
- Company North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code:
Place of Performance:
Hungry Horse Ranger District
Flathead County, Montana
Primary Point of Contact: