THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION.
This notice is issued solely for informational and planning purposes. This notice does not constitute a solicitation. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is utilizing this request for information for market research to determine what vendors have the capability to fulfill this requirement. The NNL will not be responsible for any costs incurred by interested parties in responding to this request for information.
NNL is issuing this request for information to identify vendors with specific application expertise in the field of system integration for automation, robotics, control, and inspection for a manufacturing application that:
- Requires precision motion and positional accuracy (in the 3 micron range for some operations)
- The positional and motion accuracy is required in a volume of approximately 2’ long x 1’ wide x 6” high with a maximum load of 10 kg
- Relatively low volume manufacturing of components relative to industrial applications
- 10 to 30 components per shift
- Will be installed in a restricted working envelope and controlled atmosphere environment (glovebox with approximate dimensions of 10’ long x 3’ wide x 4’ high and a flowing nitrogen atmosphere)
- Requires a high level of system integration including in situ inspection/characterization with feedback control
- Includes interfaces for a number of different operations/tools and inspections
If you believe your organization has the capabilities to fulfill the above requirements, please submit the following information:
- Company name and mailing address
- Company point of contact, email addresses and telephone
- Identification of any Organization/Company Foreign Ownership Control or Interest
- Statement of organizations capabilities
- Provide a short description of your proposed technology and expected system performance
Responses to this request are due April 14, 2021.