THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION.
This notice is issued solely for informational and planning purposes. This notice does not constitute a solicitation. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is utilizing this request for information for market research to determine what vendors have the capability to fulfill this requirement. The NNL will not be responsible for any costs incurred by interested parties in responding to this request for information.
NNL is issuing this request for information to identify sources capable of providing transient water droplet transport modeling that:
- Is robust, stable, and suitable for simulating the flow and heat transfer through a pipe network including:
- interfacial mass transfer due to evaporation (cases where the pipe wall is superheated)
- droplet de-entrainment to the pipe wall and geometric features (elbows, tees, etc.)
- droplet entrainment to the pipe wall and geometric features (elbows, tees, etc.)
- removal of liquid at steam drain/moisture trap locations
- Can accurately predict the moisture content of flow and moisture reduction efficacy of geometric features
- Could track liquid droplet fields of different sizes being separated from the continuous vapor field
- Has a high degree of accuracy
- Can predict the moisture content reduction and moisture evaporation due to heat release from superheated geometric features
- Utilizes the Eulerian model or alternative approach such as modeling:
- The droplets as Lagrangian particles, and
- The transport of the fluid on the wall as a completely separate model that communicates particle deposition rate as a wall mass source in a completely separate Eulerian model to track the wall film and a free surface interface.
If you believe your organization has the capabilities to fulfill the above requirements, please submit the following information:
- Company name and mailing address
- Company point of contact, email addresses and telephone
- Identification of any Organization/Company Foreign Ownership Control or Interest
- Statement of organizations capabilities
- Provide a short description of your proposed technology and expected system performance
Responses to this request are due April 14, 2021.