FBO Posting: Intent to sole-source purchase of AIC-18 Amplifier Assembly.
NSN: 5996-00-623-2912 P/N:AM1963 Noun: Amplifier Assembly
Market research is being conducted to identify potential sources that may possess the expertise, capabilities, and experience to meet the requirements for qualification and production of the AIC-18 Amplifier Assembly, PR # FD2060-20-00723.
Provides automatic gain control (AGC) and allows high level of audio modulation.
Impediment to Competition:
The approved source for this item is Andrea Systems LLC. The Government does not own a complete data package in support of this requirement. As a result, Andrea Systems LLC is the only known source with adequate knowledge of the performance requirements and possession of the required technical data and capabilities needed to produce this item and ensure compatibility of the equipment.
The DLA Aviation Contracting Office intends to award a sole source contract to Andrea Systems LLC. for the manufacture of the AIC-18 Amplifier Assembly in support of Foreign Military Sales (FMS) requirements. Other interested parties may identify their interest and capability to respond to the requirement no later than 13 November 2020 to Chris Matthews via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Todd Stimus via email (email@example.com). The Government intends to procure these items using Other Than Full and Open Competition as prescribed by FAR 6.302-1, Only One Responsible Source and No Other Supplies or Services Will Satisfy Agency Requirements.
General Capability Questions:
- Describe briefly the capabilities of your facility and nature of the goods and/or services you provide. Include a description of your staff composition and management structure.
- Describe your company's past experience on previous projects similar in complexity to this requirement. Include contract numbers, a brief description of the work performed, period of performance, and agency/organization supported.
- Describe your company’s experience in manufacturing the AIC-18 Amplifier Assembly (NSN 5996-00-623-2912)
- What is your company’s current maximum capacity per month for this particular type of requirement? Provide information on any facility reserves you may possess to increase capacity in the event of an immediate need do to critical operational mission requirements.
- Describe your configuration management processes and how you identify and resolve parts obsolescence and diminishing manufacturing sources problems?
- Discuss your process for addressing any fit, form, and or function issues that may arise out of this effort.
- Describe your process for maintaining inventory records and reporting on hand/work-in-process balances and repair status to your customer.
- How will your organization address the absence of drawings, specifications, technical data, test procedures, etc.
- Are there established catalog or market prices for our requirement?
- If you offer this product and/or service to both U.S. Government and commercial sources, is the same workforce used for both the U.S. Government and general public?
- Describe your standard warranty and return process for goods and services furnished to the government for items similar in nature to this requirement.
This sources sought synopsis is for informational purposes only. This is not a request for proposal. It does not constitute a solicitation, and shall not be construed as a commitment by the government. Responses in any form are not offers, and the government is under no obligation to award a contract as a result of this announcement. No funds are available to pay for preparation of responses to this announcement. Any information submitted by respondents to this technical description is strictly voluntary.