SOURCES SOUGHT SYNOPSIS (SSS):
The Government is conducting market research and identifying potential sources that possess the capability to meet the requirements as specified in the Program Description Below. The applicable North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code assigned to this procurement is 336413 with a size standard of 1,250. The purpose of this SSS is to determine if there are any businesses available who are capable of performing the following effort:
THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION ONLY. This is a market research tool to determine the availability and adequacy of potential sources and does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFP. Responders are advised that the Government will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this SSS. Please be advised that all submissions become Government property and will not be returned. All costs associated with responding to this SSS will be solely at the responding party’s expense. Not responding to this SSS does not preclude participation in any future RFP, if any is issued. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. It is the responsibility of the interested parties to monitor this beta.SAM website for additional information pertaining to this SSS.
The acquisition strategy has not yet been determined, and market research results will inform the appropriate acquisition strategy.
- Below is a document containing a description of the requirements and a Contractor Capability Survey, which allows you to provide your company’s capabilities.
- If, after reviewing these documents, you desire to participate in the market research, you should provide documentation that supports your company’s capability in meeting these requirements. Failure to provide documentation may result in the Government being unable to adequately assess your capabilities. If you lack sufficient experience in a particular area, please provide details explaining how you would overcome the lack of experience/capabilities in order to perform that portion of the requirement (i.e., teaming, subcontracting, etc.).
- Both large and small businesses are encourage to participate in this Market Research.
- Questions relative to this market survey should be addressed via email to James Delay (AFLCMC/WBD), email@example.com. Verbal questions will NOT be accepted.
- Firms responding to this announcement should indicate their size, particularly if they are a small disadvantaged business, a socially and economically disadvantaged business, a woman-owned business, a service disabled veteran-owned small business, a HUB zone small business concern, and should indicate if the firm is foreign-owned.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS:
The United States Air Force, Air Force Materiel Command, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC), is conducting market research to identify parties having the capabilities to support the modification and fielding of an Extended Control Audio Panel (EXCAP) for the USAF.
Contractor shall furnish all material, support equipment, tools, test equipment, and services to support this requirement. Place of performance will be at the contractor’s facilities.
The objective of this requirement is to modify existing Extended Control Audio Panels (EXCAPs) to support the B-52H Tactical Data Link (TDL) program. The EXCAP is part of the Secure Digital Intercommunications (SDI) system on the B-52 aircraft. SDI provides advanced intercommunications capabilities to over 50 platforms and programs worldwide. By interfacing with platform computers and acting as a traditional radio control and intercom, SDI acts as a gateway to advanced networked communication systems. SDI consists of two major Line Replaceable Units (LRUs), the Control Audio Panel (CAP) and the Interface Control Unit (ICU). The CAP, also known as EXCAP, provides the basic operator interface for all crew members with assignable menu-driven controls and indicators.
The Contractor shall provide 804 modified EXCAPs for the TDL Program. If the contractor capacity allows for additional Telephonics Interphone Control Panels (ICPs) to be modified, then ICPs in repair should be routed for modification as well. The Government will be removing 10 EXCAPs per aircraft every three weeks and all modified EXCAPs need to be completed and returned within 150 days of receiving. The anticipated program duration is five (5) years.
EXCAP Item Number are as follows:
- Part # 599-2300-001/5
- Boeing Part # 827-10075-10
- NSN # 5985-01-645-3768
The EXCAPs shall be modified to include removing and adding labeled buttons to the existing faceplate with applicable LED indicator lights and Mode Panel displays. LED indicator lights and Mode Panel display are to be full daylight readable. LED indicator lights and Mode display shall be night vision compatible per MIL-STD-3009, for a Class B, Type I NVIS system.
The contractor shall perform the workflow below in their process to produce modified EXCAPs.
- Acceptance of existing EXCAPs
- Bench check EXCAPs after acceptance
- Work any defects prior to modification
- Bench check EXCAPs that required additional repairs before modification
- Work any defects prior to modification
- Remove/Retrofit/Replace EXCAP faceplate
- Bench check modified EXCAP
- Work any defects prior to certification
- Bench check EXCAPs that required additional repairs before certification
- Work any defects prior to certification
- Certify modified EXCAPs
- Pack/Wrap/Ship modified EXCAPs to the specified Government location(s)
The before and after state of the EXCAP faceplate can be seen in the attachment to this posting.
The Government shall remove existing EXCAPs and ship them to the Contractor for modification. Upon successful completion of the modification, the Contractor shall ship the modified EXCAPs back to the Government. The contractor shall manage, monitor, and report on all of the EXCAPs they have received, and the modification is to be performed at the Contractor’s facility.
The Contractor shall develop, implement and maintain a Quality Management System (QMS) to meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2000, AS 9100 Rev. B, and in accordance with the requirements of AS 9104.
CONTRACTOR CAPABILITY SURVEY:
Part I. Business Information
Please provide the following business information for your company/institution and for any teaming or joint venture partners.
- Company/Institute Name
- Point of Contact
- CAGE Code
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Web Page URL
All prospective contractors must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database to be awarded a Department of Defense contract. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code for this action is 336413, size standard 1,250.
Part II. Capability Survey Questions
- Document experience working with/on Telephonics Interphone Control Panel (PN 599-2300-001).
- Document experience repairing or modifying Telephonics Interphone Control Panel (PN 599-2300-001).
- Document ability to test/bench check Telephonics Interphone Control Panel (PN 599-2300-001).
- Document experience removing and installing the Telephonics Interphone Control Panel (PN 599-2300-001), to include updating the face plate to accommodate additional buttons that are Night Vision Goggle compatible, and putting it back together with special consideration of the spring-loaded components that attach the faceplate to the Interphone Control Panel box.
- Document ability to perform the required work without invalidating any existing warranties.
RESPONSE FORMAT INSTRUCTIONS:
All email correspondence shall contain a subject line that reads “EXCAP SSS”.
Attachments with files ending in .zip or .exe are not allowable and will be deleted. Ensure only .pdf, .doc, or .xls documents are attached to email. Submit responses electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses must be limited to ten pages (8.5 x 11) in length (Times New Roman 12pt font). The response cover page is not included in the ten page count, but each page after the cover counts. Any pages beyond the cover and ten page limit will not be considered. Response shall be submitted no later than 30 September 2020, 1200PM EDT.