1. The purpose of the Sources Sought / Request for Information (RFI) is to determine local vendor capability and identify potential sources for heavy equipment (specifically vacuum pumps) rental services in response to natural and manmade emergencies in and around the National Capital Region (NCR) in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation Part 10, Market Research.
1.1. This Sources Sought / RFI will be utilized to conduct market research for planning purposes to determine if responsible sources exist and to assist in determining if future efforts can be solicited on a competitive basis. This Sources Sought / RFI is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government to issue a solicitation or award a contract.
1.2. PLEASE NOTE – No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this request or any follow-up information requests. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR PROPOSALS AND NO CONTRACT WILL BE AWARDED FROM THIS SOURCES SOUGHT / RFI.
2. JBAB anticipates establishing a firm-fixed price, multiple-award Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) for commercial services under North American Classification System (NAICS) 238910, Site Preparation Contractors with the Small Business Size Standard $16.5M.
2.1. Hours of Operation: The Contractor shall be available to perform services on all days of the year to include weekends and holidays. The Contractor must at all times maintain an adequate work force for the uninterrupted performance of all tasks defined in this requirement. When hiring personnel, the Contractor shall keep in mind that the stability and continuity of the work force are essential.
2.2. Place of Performance: The place of performance will be within the NCR, or outside the NCR at Naval Air Station Patuxent River or Fort A.P. Hill. The National Capitol Region includes Washington, D.C., Montgomery and Prince George’s counties in Maryland, and Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William counties in Virginia, as well as Federal land within those counties.
2.3. The most likely locations services may be requested for includes:
– Joint Base Anacostia Bowling, 20 MacDill Blvd SE, Washington, DC 20032
– Fort Belvoir, 9800 Belvoir Road, Fort Belvoir, VA, 22060
– Joint Base Andrews, 1500 West Perimeter Road, Suite 2330 Joint Base Andrews, MD 20762.
– Joint Base Myer – Henderson Hall, Sheridan Ave and, Carpenter Rd, Fort Myer, VA 22211
– Fort A.P. Hill, 18436 4th Street, Fort A.P. Hill, VA 22427
– Fort G.G. Meade, 830 Chisholm Ave, Fort Meade, MD, United States 20755
– Marine Corps Base Quantico, 3019 Embry Loop, Quantico, VA, United States 22134
– Naval Air Station Patuxent River, 47123 Buse Rd #540, Patuxent River, MD 20670
2.4. Services may also be provided outside the National Capital Region at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, 47123 Buse Rd #540, Patuxent River, MD 20670 and Fort A.P. Hill, 18436 4th Street, Fort A.P. Hill, VA 22427.
2.5. Priority Items necessary to meet this requirement include:
– CLIN 0001: Vacuum assist pump able to handle liquids and solid debris with a hose connection four (4) inches in diameter. Pump is diesel powered, and full fuel tank at beginning of rental.
– CLIN 0002: Vacuum assist pump able to handle liquids and solid debris with a hose connection six (6) inches in diameter. Pump is diesel powered, and full fuel tank at beginning of rental.
– CLIN 0003: Vacuum assist pump able to handle liquids and solid debris with a hose connection eight (8) inches in diameter. Pump is diesel powered, and full fuel tank at beginning of rental.
– CLIN 0004: Four (4) inch diameter suction hose at least 20 feet in length.
– CLIN 0005: Six (6) inch diameter suction hose at least 20 feet in length.
– CLIN 0006: Eight (8) inch diameter suction hose at least 20 feet in length.
– CLIN 0007: Four (4) inch diameter discharge hose at least 20 feet in length.
– CLIN 0008: Six (6) inch diameter discharge hose at least 20 feet in length.
– CLIN 0009: Eight (8) inch diameter discharge hose at least 20 feet in length.
– CLIN 0010: Delivery of pump, suction hose, and discharge hose.
2.6. The Contractor shall be responsible for providing all rental management, labor, equipment, transportation, and supervision. The Contractor shall be available to perform services in response to emergencies on all days of the year to include weekends and holidays. The Contractor shall be responsible for providing documentation necessary for equipment operators to receive credentialing in order to work on federal installations, if required.
2.7. Response Time: The Contractor shall deliver the requested item within 24 hours, or no later than 48 hours, of request by the CO/KO or COR.
2.8. Repair Response: During period of rental, the Contractor shall be available to respond to non-fully functional equipment within two (2) hours of request by the CO/KO or COR to conduct equipment diagnosis and repairs. 2.9. Replace Response: During period of rental, the Contractor shall be available to replace any non-fully functional equipment within 12 hours of request by the CO/KO or COR.
If your firm has the capability and is interested, please submit details of your capability which provides, at minimum:
1. A detailed price list of heavy equipment available for rental.
a. Annotate unit of measure used for rental periods, to include base rental prices (i.e. 24 hrs) and overages.
b. Annotate if price includes delivery. If not, provide separate line item(s) for equipment delivery.
2. Point of contact including name, phone number, physical address, and e-mail address.
3. Size status and/or SBA certification (i.e. Large Business, Small Business, SBA Certified 8(a) Program Participant, SBA Certified HUB Zone Firm, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business, Woman-Owned Business).
4. CAGE Code and DUNS Number.
5. Virtual/Video Conferencing Capability such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc. to potentially discuss/pitch capability, vendor outreach education/opportunities, clarify document submissions, etc.
Please send all capability submissions to the below no later than 4:30 PM EST Thursday, 1 October 2020. For questions / concerns related to this requirement, please contact SSgt Britton via the below.
– SSgt Elijah Britton / email@example.com
– MSgt Kade Forrester / firstname.lastname@example.org