This is a SOURCES SOUGHT/REQUEST FOR INFORMATION NOTICE only for the purpose of Market Research. Response to this notice will be used for information and planning purposes. No proposals or quotes are being requested or accepted with this notice. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR PROPOSALS or QUOTES and NO CONTRACT SHALL BE AWARDED FROM THIS NOTICE. This notice shall NOT be construed as solicitation or as an obligation on the part of the Department of the Air Force. Responses to this sources sought is not a request to be added to a prospective bidders list or to receive a copy of the solicitation.
Proposed work to be performed under the aforementioned contract is anticipated to be within the following North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes as follows: 423450. Eielson Air Force Base is conducting market research to determine if there are sources capable of fulfilling a requirement for purchase and delivery of the following, or similar
- Pentacam AXL, high resolution anterior segment tomographer, or EQUAL; capable of:
- Imaging anterior AND posterior corneal surfaces, the anterior chamber, the angle, the lens (whether natural or a prosthetic), and axial length
- Providing detailed analysis for conditions for refractive surgery, cataract surgery, Belin/Ambrosio Enhanced Ectasia, Holloday Report, and corneal optical densitometry
- Evaluating stability versus change over time
- Measuring pachymetry (corneal thickness) WITHOUT breaking social distancing OR touching the patients’ eyes
The product will be delivered and installed at Eielson Air Force Base (AFB), Alaska.
The U.S.A.F. is requesting the following information from interested vendors:
1) Company name and contact information to include phone number and email.
2) Contractor capability statement.
3) DUNS number and CAGE code.
4) Contractor request for details/facts to be provided by the government as part of an eventual solicitation package
to allow for accurate contractor quotes.
5) Business type (large business, small business, small disadvantaged business, 8(a)-certified small disadvantaged business, HUBZone small business, woman-owned small business, very small business, veteran owned small business, service-disabled veteran-owned small business) based upon North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 423450 , size standard of 200 Employees.
6) What is a reasonable amount of lead time for product to be delivered?
7) Provide any additional information that your firm feels the government should consider for this type of
Interested parties should send all information via email to SrA Johnson at email@example.com . NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT/REQUEST FOR INFORMATION. Information must be submitted to the previously stated point of contact no later 2:00 PM Alaska Standard Time on 27 August 2020. An actual solicitation may be issued in the next few weeks. The closing date and time for submission of offers will be contained in the solicitation package. Paper copies will NOT be available. The entire solicitation, including the specifications and/or drawings, will be made available only on the Beta SAM Web Site at http://beta.sam.gov. Interested Parties are solely responsible for monitoring the aforementioned site for the release of the solicitation package and/or any updates and/or amendments to any and all subject documents. It is the sole responsibility of all Interested Parties to register for notification updates to any and all subject documents for the said action. All contractors MUST be registered in the System for Award Management database or their proposal will not be considered. Contractors can obtain further information on the System for Award Management at web site https://www.sam.gov. This announcement shall not be construed as a commitment by the Government to issue a solicitation or ultimately award a contract. In the event a solicitation is developed, it will be assigned a formal Request for Quote (RFQ) number and the announcement will be published on the BetaSAM website at beta.sam.gov. Potential interested parties are responsible for monitoring this site for the release of the solicitation package as well as downloading their own copy of the solicitation and amendments, if any.