The United States Air Force (the Government) intends to issue a Firm-Fixed-Price Purchase order to a single source, Clarivate Analytics, under the authority of FAR 13.106-1(b)(1)(i) (only one source reasonably available) on or about 13 December 2021. The period of performance (PoP) shall be from 1 January 2022 through 31 December 2022.
Size Standard: 1,000 employees
Subscription name: Clarivate Analytics Web of Science
Supplier name: Clarivate Analytics
- The DET-7 AFRL/RQOF Technical Library (Aerospace Systems Directorate – West (RQ – West), Edwards Air Force Base) requires access to a scientific citation indexing service providing a database (or databases) allowing comprehensive citation search. The product must give access to multiple data sets that reference cross-disciplinary research, allowing for in-depth exploration of specialized sub-fields within an academic or scientific discipline. Acceptable content/records included in the product should be determined by an unbiased evaluation and selection process based on the following, or similar, criteria: impact, influence, timeliness, peer review, and geographic representation. The product must employ search and analysis capabilities, allowing the influence, impact, history, and methodology of an idea to be followed from its first instance, notice, or referral to the present.
Product characteristics an equal item must meet to be considered:
- The product must give access to multiple data sets that reference cross-disciplinary research, allowing for in-depth exploration of specialized sub-fields within an academic or scientific discipline. Acceptable content/records included in the product should be determined by an unbiased evaluation and selection process based on the following, or similar, criteria: impact, influence, timeliness, peer review, and geographic representation.
- The product must employ search and analysis capabilities, allowing the influence, impact, history, and methodology of an idea to be followed from its first instance, notice, or referral to the present.
- The required product must allow seamless access to any previously purchased archival and/or "backfile" content that the library has acquired.
- Full-text online access (where applicable) to articles in the subject areas, in either downloadable PDF or HTML format (PDF is preferred).
- All graphical figures and citations of the original full-text article must be available within the digital document (object) that stands for that article.
- Search interface that includes numerous primary categories and ability to perform keyword and other specialized topical queries for effective searches.
- Individual account creation for saved searches and alerts.
- IP authentication (institutional multi-user, single campus subscription) via the EZproxy system from OCLC.
- Librarian-accessible usage data for searches and downloads.
This notice of intent is not a request for competitive quotations. However, all responsible sources may submit a capability statement, proposal, or quotation, which shall be considered by the Government. The Government will consider responses received within 10 days of issuance of this notice. Information received will normally be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether or not to conduct a full and open competitive procurement or a small business set aside competitive procurement. The Government will not pay for any information received in response to this announcement.
If the Government decides to compete this requirement, a synopsis shall be issued utilizing the combined synopsis/solicitation procedure identified in FAR 12.603. If this effort becomes a Small Business Set-Aside, FAR 52.219-14, Limitation on Subcontracting, will apply. Therefore, small businesses that want to be considered for a small business set-aside should demonstrate how they intend to comply.
A determination not to compete this requirement based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government.
Contractors should be aware of the following information:
- Contractors must include the following information:
- Points of contact, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers.
- Identification as a large U.S. business, a small U.S. business, or a foreign business. Please note that size indicated should be based on the NAICS code for this effort listed above.
- Identification of any other socioeconomic status including: Women-Owned Small Business, Economically Disadvantaged Small Business, 8(a), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Veteran Owned Small Business or HUBZone.
- Company CAGE Code or DUNS Number.
- If this posting specifically references brand name products, offerors are encouraged to suggest products other than those specifically referenced. Responses must address how the alternate product meets the product characteristics specified above.
- Submitted information shall be UNCLASSIFIED.
- Responses are limited to 10 pages in a Microsoft Word compatible format.
Responses should be emailed to Robin Marks at email@example.com and Stephen Wenclewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 December 2021, 12:00 PM EST. Any questions should be directed to Robin Marks through email.