The United States Air Force (the Government) intends to issue a Firm-Fixed-Price Purchase order to a single source, CINDAS, LLC, under the authority of FAR 13.106-1(b)(1)(i) (only one source reasonably available) on or about 22 November 2021. The period of performance (PoP) shall be from 01 January 2022 – 31 December 2022. Four one-year options are anticipated that would extend the PoP through 31 December 2026.
Size Standard: 1,000 employees
Subscription name: CINDAS, LLC Databases and Manuals
Supplier name: CINDAS, LLC
12 months of online access to proprietary material properties data available in a suite of five products published by and hosted by CINDAS LLC. This includes Aerospace and High Performance Alloys Database (AHAD); Thermophysical Properties of Matter Database (TPMD); Microelectronics Packaging Materials Database (MPMD); Structural Alloys Handbook (SAH): and Damage Tolerant Design Handbook (DTDH)
Product characteristics an equal item must meet to be considered:
- Product characteristics an equal item must meet to be acceptable for award:
- Vetted and reviewed material property data for hundreds of alloys, emphasizing aerospace and thermodynamics.
- Demonstrated co-development of database content with the Air Force Research Laboratory and Purdue University.
- Demonstrated history of availability of one or more alternative databases as print or online resource for more than 10 years.
- IP authentication to all material subscribed (institutional multi-user, single geographic location subscription).
- Search function to locate and compare materials in the web portal.
- All graphical figures and citations of the database entry for each alloy or material must be available within the digital document (object) that stands for that article.
- Demonstrated substantial updates of database content, year by year.
- Librarian-accessible usage data for article downloads.
This notice of intent is not a request for competitive quotations. However, all responsible sources may submit a capability statement, proposal, or quotation, which shall be considered by the Government. The Government will consider responses received within 10 days of issuance of this notice. Information received will normally be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether or not to conduct a full and open competitive procurement or a small business set aside competitive procurement. The Government will not pay for any information received in response to this announcement.
If the Government decides to compete this requirement, a synopsis shall be issued utilizing the combined synopsis/solicitation procedure identified in FAR 12.603. If this effort becomes a Small Business Set-Aside, FAR 52.219-14, Limitation on Subcontracting, will apply. Therefore, small businesses that want to be considered for a small business set-aside should demonstrate how they intend to comply.
A determination not to compete this requirement based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government.
Contractors should be aware of the following information:
- Contractors must include the following information:
- Points of contact, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers.
- Identification as a large U.S. business, a small U.S. business, or a foreign business. Please note that size indicated should be based on the NAICS code for this effort listed above.
- Identification of any other socioeconomic status including: Women-Owned Small Business, Economically Disadvantaged Small Business, 8(a), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Veteran Owned Small Business or HUBZone.
- Company CAGE Code or DUNS Number.
- In your response, you must address how your product meets the product characteristics specified above.
- Submitted information shall be UNCLASSIFIED.
- Responses are limited to 10 pages in a Microsoft Word compatible format.
Responses should be emailed to Robin Marks at firstname.lastname@example.org and Joshua Akers at email@example.com no later than 3 December 2021, 12:00 PM EST. Any questions should be directed to Robin Marks through email.