The GSA Northwest/Arctic Region, Public Buildings Service (PBS Region 10) is planning to solicit for one (1) Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Multiple Award Task Order Contract (MATOC) for construction projects in federally owned and leased facilities supported by the Eastern Service Center (ESC), with potential project locations including Yakima, Richland, and Spokane, Washington; Boise, Idaho, and various Washington and Idaho Land Port of Entry (LPOE) locations. Firms interested in participating in the solicitation for the GSA ESC MATOC IDIQ are requested to submit a response to this notice as described below. The responses will help GSA to determine the level of industry interest by socio-economic categories within the small business communities.
This procurement is anticipated to be assigned to North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code 236220, Commercial and Institutional Building Construction. The small business size standard is $39.5M (million).
This is not a solicitation. Information submitted to this sources sought notice is strictly voluntary. The Government will not award a contract solely based on this notice. This notice is a request by the Government to collect information from construction firms for the purpose of market research. Not providing a response to this notice will not prohibit or exclude a company from participating in any future solicitations.
GSA anticipates awarding between 5 and 6 separate contracts as a result of the solicitation. Total contract length will be for five (5) years. Awarded contractors are expected to compete by participation in task order solicitations. Task Order solicitations will be issued by GSA offices assigned to the Acquisition Division within Region 10. Project delivery includes non-complex construction, design-bid-build, and design-build. Task orders will be issued as Firm Fixed Price (FFP). Offerors awarded a contract are expected to participate in all Task Order Request for Proposals (TORFP’s) issued unless capacity would prevent successful project completion.
The aggregate contract ceiling for this IDIQ is $50 million dollars. The Government makes no representation as to the number of Task Orders or actual amount of work to be ordered, however, a minimum of $2,500 is established as the minimum guarantee for the placement of the contract. Contractors participating in all TORFP’s, but which have not been awarded a TO in the first calendar year will be eligible to receive the funding for the minimum guarantee beginning in calendar year two (2). The “Order of Magnitude” for task orders is anticipated to range from $50,000 to the GSA current capital reinvestment threshold (“prospectus”), presently $3.375 million. Task Orders may not exceed $5 million per single contract. The average Task Order is expected to have an Order of Magnitude of $50,000 – $250,000 with an estimated volume of 30 Task Orders per calendar year. Task Order solicitations will adhere to the competitive procedures outlined in FAR 16.5.
This contract is subject to affirmative procurement policy which supports and enforces sustainable practices for design and construction in accordance with FAR Part 23.
Proposal submission instructions will be included in the solicitation package.
Offers submitted in response to the solicitation will be evaluated using the Trade Off Source Selection Process in accordance with FAR 15.101-1.
A draft Scope of Work (SOW) for this procurement is included in this notice. Information obtained from this notice will be used in the formation of the solicitation and contract requirements, including determinations regarding further restricting competition by available socio-economic categories dependent upon the level of interest, current and forecasted market capacity, and availability of firms capable of performing the projects at the required bonding levels.
All responses must be submitted in writing. Responses shall address the following:
- Company name, e-mail address, DUNS #
- Business Size for NAICS 236220, small or large. In addition to the size, indicate any other Socioeconomic Small Business Set Aside Qualifications as listed in your System for Award Management (SAM) profile, e.g. SBA certified 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB, and/or EDWOSB concern. For more information on the definitions or requirements for these small business programs, refer to http://www.sba.gov/.
- Company’s bonding capability for individual projects and aggregate.
- Describe your experience providing construction and design-build services in Government controlled or owned facilities, specifically commercial construction for interior and exterior work. Provide location to include city and state, dates for the period of performance, total contract amount completed, and details of work.
- Describe your experience working as or with various subcontracted specialty trades in the applicable region and specific locations if available.
- Describe your experience performing construction projects on/in buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Describe your experience performing multiple projects simultaneously within the expected geographic zone(s) identified above.
- Address whether you would intend to submit a proposal to this anticipated requirement. Address if you could perform in every area of the geographic zone or if there are limits or areas that you would not be able to perform.
- Address any other special considerations, recommendations and/or comments.
- Provide the name, title, phone number and email address of a point of contact in your firm and indicate if you are interested in a follow up conversation, if requested by the Government.
Please utilize the following google form to provide your responses: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeqmvrRW4EKz3r9bxp0AejGsPkYovHtToljCEBmvel4ueeO2g/viewform
Responses are requested by close of business December 7, 2021 by google form or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.