The Bureau of Indian Education, Division of Acquisition, Albuquerque Office is conducting a sources sought and is issuing this announcement to seek potential sources who would be interested in delivery of Milk Products to the Bureau of Indian Education, Ft. Wingate Elementary School (and other schools in the surrounding areas) located on the Navajo Indian Reservation in Ft. Wingate, New Mexico.
This notice is to identify any businesses that falls into any the following available set aside categories:
– Indian Small Business Economic Enterprises (ISBEE); and
– Small Businesses (SB).
Indian Economic Enterprise are defined, in part, as any business entity that is at least fifty one percent owned by one or more American Indian or Alaska Native individuals. The Buy Indian Act can be located at 25 U.S.C. 47. The North American Industry Classification (NAICS) code is 311511 and the small business size standard is $1,000.
This is not a solicitation announcement and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government for any purpose other than market research. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this announcement. Any information submitted by respondents to this notice is strictly voluntary. It is requested that only those that meet the definition of these categories submit responses to this notice.
The contract scope of work consists of the following discipline of Milk Product delivery:
1. Contractor shall provide services consisting of furnishing all labor, materials, equipment, supervision transportation and incidentals necessary to delivery Dairy Products to the BIE Schools weekly from date of award thru end of School Year. Contractor shall have knowledge of the Navajo Indian Reservation for services and supplies to function independently without the assistance of an initial escort and ability work with local school administrators successfully.
2. CONTRACTORS REFRIGERATION DELIVERY TRUCK TEMPERATURE SHALL BE BETWEEN 35 DEGREE TO 40 DEGREES TO OBTAIN THE MAXIMUM LIFE OF THE DAIRY PRODUCTS. THE PRODUCTS DELIVERED SHALL BE FRESH AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY AND SHALL BE INSPECTED AND ACCEPTED BY THE GOVERNMENT STAFF AND NOTATION OF ANY DAMAGED ITEMS. CONTRACTOR SHALL REPLACE ALL DAMAGED ITEMS AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO THE GOVERNMENT. DELIVERIES SHALL BE MADE UPON REQUESTED WEEKLY BY THE AUTHORIZED INDIVIDUALS, AND INVOICED WEEKLY.
3. Fluid Milk and Fluid Milk Products: In accordance with Federal Specification No.. C-M-1678C. All fluid milk and fluid milk products supplied under this contract shall have a current (not over 2 year old) Pasteurized Milk Sanitation Compliance rating of at least 90%, as determined by certified State milk sanitation rating officer or by the US Public Health Service and such rating shall continue at 90% or more during the period of performance of this contract and shall be subject to sampling by the Contracting Officer or the COR.
1. Interested parties are requested to provide their DUNS number for verification of inclusion in the System for Award Management (SAM).
2. Identification of socio-economic status (e.g. ISBEE, SB, etc.).
3. Any interested and qualified sources are requested to provide a brief capabilities statement and letter of interest indicating how the vendors will fulfill the requirement to include:
a. How the vendor will deliver quality milk in the correct quantity;
b. How the vendor will ensure that a refrigerated truck is used to hold the milk at proper temperatures;
c. How the vendor will ensure that no expired milk products are delivered;
d. How the vendor will meet the delivery timeframes on recurring basis;
e. How and if the vendor will take ownership of the product prior to delivery;
f. Other quality control measures that the vendor has in place to assist with successful performance.
4. Information on the geographic area that the vendor can meet the terms of a requirement for Dairy delivery.
Responses due to: Steave Phann via email at email@example.com.
Responses due by: To be considered in the research, please provide the information above no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 24, 2021 (CST).
The Government intends to use this information as market research to assist in determining an appropriate set-aside for this or similar requirements in the future.
The Government is not responsible for the vendorÂ¿s preparation cost in response to this notice.