On behalf of the U.S. AbilityOne Commission (Commission) the independent federal agency that administers the AbilityOne Program, National Industries for the Blind, a designated central nonprofit agency, is pursuing potential partnerships with U.S. commercial manufacturers of EPA-registered hospital disinfectant cleaner, mold and mildew killer, and odor eliminator for the purpose of providing employment for people who are blind or severely disabled. If successful, the result will be the addition of the product(s) to the AbilityOne Procurement List (PL) under a co-brand agreement between the manufacturer and the AbilityOne Program, and its registered brands.
The EPA-registered hospital disinfectant cleaner, mold and mildew killer, and odor eliminator must meet and/or exceed FAR and other Federal Government published standards, Executive Orders and Federal Agency requirements.
At a minimum, the following criteria must be met:
- EPA-registered hospital disinfectant cleaner, mold and mildew killer, and odor eliminator. Ready-to-use chlorine dioxide formula, non-irritating to skin, non-corrosive to most treated articles, NSF-certified (no rinse required) for food-contact surfaces, and lowest EPA Toxicity Category IV. No gloves or protective equipment required, no ocular irritation. no dermal irritation, no acute inhalation, EPA Registration for MRSA, EPA Registration for Norovirus, EPA’s N list and Emerging Pathogens list, effective disinfectant that kills 99.999% of bacteria and viruses, including H1N1; MRSA; Norovirus; HIV; Legionella; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Hepatitis A, B, and C; Ebola virus; and others. Effective fungicide. Effective mold and mildew remover—kills mold spores and prevents mold regrowth on tile and other materials up to seven (7) months.
- Meet and/or exceed FAR and other Federal Government published standards, Executive Orders and Federal Agency requirements.
- The product must meet industry performance specifications and standards for construction, performance, sustainability and reliability.
- Be manufactured and lab tested, certified and customer tested to be effective according to their purpose, have current Material Safety Data sheets if necessary, and meet certifications with corresponding documentation designated by customers.
- Meet industry performance specifications and standards for construction, performance, sustainability, and reliability.
- Must possess a nationally or industry known brand name that can demonstrate significant appeal through evidence of substantial sales.
- Demonstrate how it will assist the Commission’s designated nonprofit agency (NPA) to expand its line of cleaner disinfectant products, thus increasing blind work hours, while keeping expansion costs to the NPA at a minimum.
- Willing to deliver bulk materials to the non-profit agency to assure the agency of on-time deliveries to federal government customer(s).
- Willing to enter into a multi-year agreement to include:
- On-going technical and production assistance.
- The necessary factory trained technical field support
- Enabling the non-profit agency to meet the criteria of the AbilityOne Program to convert material, fill containers, label, assemble and package the products thereby creating employment for people who are blind or severely disabled.
- Demonstrate a commitment to working with the AbilityOne Program to market the product(s) solicited herein to Government customers. Preference is given to manufacturers who have a dedicated team for Federal Government sales and marketing.
- Be willing to work with the NPA, NIB, and AbilityOne to ensure that the price to the end-users is a fair and reasonable price.
Manufacturers’ submissions must demonstrate that proposed products meet the criteria listed above, as well as indicate what functions the nonprofit agency’s employees would perform.
The deadline for response is Monday June 13, 2022
The written, electronic responses should be directed to the contact listed in this Notice.
Questions should be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should begin with ‘Question: Sources Sought CP-05-13-22-01 EPA Registered Hospital Disinfectant Cleaner, Mold and Mildew Killer and Odor Eliminator
Information regarding the Commission can be found at www.abilityone.gov. Specific information regarding co-brand agreements can be found by navigating the top left corner of the website. Mouse over Laws, Regulations, and Policy and select Policy Memoranda. Select Operation Memoranda, then select Memorandum Number 22.