The purpose of this project is in support of the Industrial Product – Support Vendor (IPV) program of the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Land and Anniston Army Depot (ANAD) located at Anniston, AL.
It is intended that negotiations will occur with Science Application International Corporation (SAIC) on a sole source basis pursuant to FAR Part 6.302-1. The solicitation will take place with SAIC on or about December 13, 2021.
The scope of this project is to award a “bridge action or bridge contract” per DLAD 2.101 and is for total supply chain management* in direct support of bench stock items. Bench stock items are required for maintenance support and/or overhaul of all military weapons systems or related equipment supported at the designated Army site. SAIC is responsible for ensuring parts are available at the bin-level for mechanics on MRO lines when needed; SAIC uses commercial and Government sources of supply to procure material. This project will be for a base period of approximately 120 days. There are 1,317 commercially sourced items that are a part of this project. The entire Schedule of Supplies (SoS) however consists of 15,228 items. Many of these items are sourced through either the Army or DLA as vender managed inventory (VMI).
*The broad range of total supply chain management tasks required by this contract includes:
- Supply chain and inventory management
- Parts acquisition
- Distribution (line side presentation to the mechanic or artisan)
- Bin management
- Partial Bin Fulfillment
- Obsolescence management
- Dedicated program customer service representatives
- Quality assurance to ensure that the parts provided meet specifications and are maintained in the bins at the required levels
- The information technology system (ITS) necessary to support the contract data and invoice/billing requirements specified by the contract.
Any interested or responsible sources may submit a full capability statement and a proposal, which will be considered by the agency.