Sources Sought Synopsis:
THERE IS NO SOLICITATION AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. REQUESTS FOR SOLICITATION WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE.
The Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC), Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) and Special Operations Forces (SOF) Sensors, Foreign Military Sales (FMS) New Business and Advanced ISR Systems Branch, (AFLCMC/WINN) is conducting Market Research to identify potential sources who may provide the information detailed in this Sources Sought Synopsis (SSS).
This is not a commitment to fund any effort submitted in response to this request. Respondents are placed on notice that participation does NOT guarantee participation in future solicitations or contract awards. AFLCMC is not at this time seeking proposals, and will not accept unsolicited proposals. Respondents are advised that the United States Government (USG) will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this SSS. Please be advised that all submissions become USG property and will not be returned. All costs associated with responding to this SSS will be at the responding party’s expense. This SSS is issued solely for information and planning purposes only. It does not constitute a Request for Proposal (or solicitation) and does not guarantee the issuance of an RFP in the future. This SSS does not commit the USG to contract for any supply or service whatsoever. The USG does not have any associated technical data to provide to potential sources.
1. AFLCMC/WINN has a requirement for rapid deployment, fielding, operating and sustaining of the following Multi-INT sensor payload ISR aircraft, terrestrial ground processing/operations centers and associated life cycle support described below. AFLCMC/WINN is exploring the market for Aircraft Special Mission System integrators and/or service provider sources who can supply technically sound and economical qualified solutions. The requirement includes to the maximum extent possible the utilization of established Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) system-of-systems, consisting of integrated non-developmental items.
The USG will use this Market Research information to determine the best future acquisition strategy for this procurement in order to meet the customer requirements and delivery schedule. The USG does not have any associated technical data to provide to potential sources.
Information solicited is as follows:
- Ability to deploy and beddown in remote overseas locations to conduct airborne ISR data collection operations with the desired platform and Multi-INT capability described below
- Support Contractor Owned/ ontractor Operated (COCO) or Government Owned/ Contractor Operated (GOCO) arrangements
- In real time collect, process, disseminate and archive ISR data in emerging intelligence consumer formats based on foreign intelligence service taskings
- Provide personnel and infrastructure to operate, manage, service, maintain and sustain the full life cycle of the deployed ISR systems
- Provide training, deployment preparations and expertise to support continued operations and maintenance of aircraft, sensors, datalinks, parts and equipment logistics (spares pool, rotables, and repair/return), support equipment and terrestrial ground processing and operations centers.
- Provide pilots, mechanics, technicians and airborne operators to execute and maintain for continued ISR data collection flight operations and taskings from foreign intelligence services.
- Ability to conduct persistent stand-off ISR operations at FL40 and above
- SWAP-C margins sufficient to accommodate the desired payload capability
- Evidence of Full Airworthiness Certification, or path to receive Full Certification (FAA or Mil-Cert of combination thereof) for the missionized aircraft including all required modifications to the baseline aircraft
Desired Multi-INT Payload Capability
- Synthetic Aperture RADAR / Ground Moving Target Indication (SAR/GMTI) based on AESA technology and open systems architecture, high resolution SAR imaging and GMTI target detection at standoff ranges.
- Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) capability up to 40 GHz including multi-platform Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA), INTRA pulse analysis
- Communication Intelligence (COMINT) including SATPHONE capability and multi-platform TDOA
- Image Intelligence (IMINT): 20” Electro-Optical/Infra-Red (EO/IR) camera including SWIR spotter and Laser Designator
- Link-16 Tactical Data Link (TDL) to share Command/Control (C2) data with C2 and non-C2 entities
- Communications Security (COMSEC): Secure Type 1 Military Communication UHF/VHF, HF, Navigation, IFF and C2 capabilities
- LOS data link
- SATCOM data link
- IFF Mode 5 Transponder
- US commercial encryption
- Aircraft survivability equipment (e.g. AAR-47 Missile Warning System and ALE-47 Airborne Countermeasures Dispenser System)
3. Schedule timeline for services availability and subsequent requirements.
AFLCMC/WINN invites industry to respond with a White Paper, not exceeding 15 pages, explaining any suggested solutions, your company's capabilities, and any other information you deem relevant, for this requirement, any time on or before 04 December 2020 at 1200 noon EST.
Please ensure all appropriate security procedures and policies are followed when responding to this SSS. Respondents should indicate which portions of their responses are proprietary and mark them accordingly. All information received in response to this SSS that is properly marked as “Proprietary” will be handled accordingly. Proprietary information must be clearly marked on the outside container and on the materials inside. The USG shall not be liable for, or suffer any consequential damages, for any proprietary information not properly identified. Please do not include pricing or other financial data in your response.
This SSS is issued pursuant to FAR Part 15.201(e). Questions regarding this SSS must be submitted by 20 November 2020. Questions received after this date may not receive a response. Questions shall be sent via email to the Primary Point of Contacts (POCs) listed below.
Written, follow-up questions may be asked of responders for clarification, but this will not be indication of selection or preference.
Include the following information with your submission:
-Company Name and Address
-Point of Contacts (POC(s)) – Phone number(s) and email(s)
-Small Business Size Standard
Submissions will be accepted via email up to the due date of 04 December 2020 at 1200 noon EDT
Contracting Office Address:
2530 C Street
Wright Patterson AFB, OH 45433
Primary Point of Contact (POC):