Request for Information
This RFI is for market research purposes only.
Please see attachement.
THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) ONLY. This is an RFI released pursuant to FAR 15.201(e). This RFI is issued solely for information, planning purposes and market research only; it does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFP or Broad Agency Announcement (BAA). This RFI does not commit the Government to contract for any supply or service. Responders are advised that the Government will not pay any cost incurred in response to this RFI. All costs associated with responding to this RFI will be solely at the interested party’s expense. Not responding to this RFI does not preclude participation in any future RFP. If a solicitation is released, it will be via the [website]. It is the responsibility of the potential offerors to monitor this website for any information that may pertain to this RFI. The information provided in this RFI is subject to change and is not binding on the Government. All submissions become the property of the Government and will not be returned.
Objective: The Air Force is exploring market research for Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) tools that can assist in improving the efficiency of maintenance of weapon systems. This market research is intended to discover potential Interactive Electronic Technical Manuel – Level 4 (IETM-4) products that can help lifecycle and maintenance repair management by providing guided troubleshooting actions to drive ongoing and long-term maintenance actions. This troubleshooting tool will be required to operate and interact with many other active tools in a large-scale Computerized Maintenance Management System via Application Programing Interface (API) protocols.
The Government requests information and features of any COTS tools that can considered for such an effort. The Government requests response with the accompanying Company Survey Questionnaire completed and to include any technical data that may assist in the market research of such tools. Also, attached are criteria for the potential COTS tools (in spreadsheet).
COTS Company Survey
- Company Status (Large/small)
- Scope of Operations
- Company HQ & other locations
- DoD accredited
- Received an ATO
- Experience w/ Aerospace, Defense, and/or Military
- Key Reference customers
- List and Describe scope of similar projects
- Please describe the current platform capability and future roadmap
- What is the product’s upgrade/release cadence?
- Describe the overall application stack and platform
- Can software be purchased & integrated in modular components?
- Can it be installed and operational on a Gov accredited network?
- Security Requirements:
- Audit trail
- Encryption at rest & in transit
- Integration w/ user account mgmt
- Has the company received any security certification from the U.S. government?
- Company data model? Work to create a fit-for-purpose data model? Or work w/ customer’s data model?
- How does the application import legacy data?
- How does the application handle data management, and data quality management?
- How does your application handle situations with distributed databases that must occasionally operate in disconnected or minimally connected modes?
- What telemetry does your application provide on performance, utilization, latency, & other real-time metrics?
- Are there any system or platform level limiters that can impact performance and scalability?
- Can your application legally be exported to foreign countries?
- What is the plan to maintain a modern architecture and technology platform for your application?
- What if any partnerships would be required to deliver the full solution (e.g. systems integrators)?
- What other technology partnerships do you have in place (e.g. middleware, analytics, etc.)?
- Overview of Business Continuity Management (Disaster Recovery) capabilities, including data back-up, storage, retention, and recovery policies
- What SLAs is your application able to meet for uptime, performance, disaster recovery, & other typical non-functional requirements? To the extent this depends on the customer’s infrastructure, please specify.
- Describe your support model, including technical support, training, and software updates
- Will the government have full access to view and modify your application source code?
- Discuss how you would ensure knowledge transfer to government resources for ongoing sustainment (paired development, training, etc.)
- Discuss your role and responsibilities in system maintenance
- Describe your pricing models