SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT
The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) is seeking sources for DISA Technical Services: Ecosystem Acquisition Restructure for Implementation Support West
CONTRACTING OFFICE ADDRESS:
DISA/Defense Information Technology Contracting Organization
2300 East Drive,
Scott Air Force Base, Illinois 62225-5406
This is a SOURCES SOUGHT TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION to determine the availability and technical capability of small businesses (including the following subsets, Small Disadvantaged Businesses, HUBZone Firms; Certified 8(a), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses and Woman Owned Small Business) to provide the required products and/or services.
The Implementation Line of Business, also known as SEL5, is seeking information for potential sources for project management support to plan, execute, control and close out the work of a team to achieve specific mission partner and internal DISA goals, which meet specific predefined success criteria. DISA projects include the production of a unique product, service or result within a defined beginning and end; usually time constrained and often constrained by funding undertaken to meet unique predefined objectives. Project support requires distinct technical skills and management strategies to achieve project success. Implementation activities for enterprise solutions, special projects and organizational changes include the following: Project management, project plan development, engineering solution coordination, deployment, continuous process improvement, and system replacement support. DISA requires analysis and quick responses to requests for information/plans in a format acceptable to DISA and the mission partner within prescribed timeframes identified at the start of a project. DISA requires mission partner and DISA internal troubleshooting of issues/problems and meeting action items to the appropriate resolution point within the ecosystem. DISA requires tiered experience levels of project management personnel, for example, beginner, intermediate and advanced, to meet DISA’s varied project workloads.
SEL5 is seeking information for potential sources for system engineering, which includes requirement gathering, tracking, coordination, compliance, documentation and risk management for the mission partners and internal DISA customers. This includes support for systems engineering, requirements, tracking, coordination across the ecosystem, compliance with DISA policies and procedures including Computer Emergency Readiness Team and Security Technical Implementation Guideline (STIG), documentation, risk management and standardization efforts across the DISA enterprise.
SEL5 is seeking information for potential sources for support for Implementation Management Team (IMT) functionality including project integration functionality. The contractor shall provide support for project coordination, project coordination during the implementation phase of the project including at the Service Request Form (SRF) phase to the Full Operational Capability phase, project execution, project documentation, project task milestone management, project status reporting, generic project support and work closely with the mission partners and internal DISA customers for seamless integration during the entire project.
SEL5 is seeking information for potential sources of support for Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) oversight functionality. This includes support for developing disaster recovery process plans, as well as oversight of the COOP process for our mission partners and internal DISA customers.
SEL5 is seeking information for sources for technical support for new workload as required. This includes architectural support, engineering support and process improvement functionality for our mission partners and internal DISA customers.
Anticipated Time Frame: One-year base period with four, one-year option periods starting on or about March 1, 2022.
Place of Performance: Ogden, Utah and Oklahoma City, OK
THIS SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT. RESPONSES IN ANY FORM ARE NOT OFFERS AND THE GOVERNMENT IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO AWARD A CONTRACT AS A RESULT OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. NO FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE TO PAY FOR PREPARATION OF RESPONSES TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. ANY INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY RESPONDENTS TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY.
Contract Number: GS35F0445T/HC102819F0202
Contract Type: Firm Fixed Price
Incumbent and their size: Creative IT Solutions, LLC; HUBZONE Small Business
Method of previous acquisition: Small Business Set Aside, General Services Administration (GSA) Information Technology Schedule 70
Period of performance: September 1, 2019 – February 28, 2022
Existing support includes project management of DISA, Health Service, Combatant Command, standard/converged military services, Defense Logistics Agency, Defense Finance & Accounting Service and milCloud+ mission partner project workload. Systems engineering, IMT and COOP services are also provided to DISA.
- The SEL5 implementation teams support an extremely broad yet technically detailed focus area. Our mission is to support DoD Mission Partners, as well as internal DISA customers’ applications and databases in support of their missions. Describe your experience managing projects, systems engineering and providing IMT support stating specific products when possible.
- SEL5 provides project management and IMT support through direct consultation to end users, system owners, system developers and help desk personnel for all issues concerning the project. The range of support is broad and could be a basic project question, such as “how do I fill out an SRF”, or more complex, such as a request for on-site support to assist in the project implementation of an application and database security architecture to meet DISA’s STIG requirements. Describe your experience configuring or testing the capabilities of Commercial Off the Shelf products (e.g. network devices, servers, desktops, mobile devices, etc.) to use the services of a DISA or Mission Partner application and database during a project implementation effort.
- Describe your experience with the following skillsets to advance the U.S. government’s software and systems engineering support missions: Basic Windows desktop OS, SQL scripting skills, UNIX, LINUX, Windows Server, UNISYS OS2200, Apache/Tomcat, Databases and application interactions, records handling by classification level, adherence to Government and security requirements and regulations, continuous process improvements and effective and professional interpersonal skills to include written and oral communications.
- Describe your experience providing varied skill sets of personnel to support the required functionality.
- Describe your experience delivering personnel to support COOP processes.
- Describe any experience providing technical process improvement support.
Clearance required: Secret/IT-II
The anticipated North American Industry Classification System Code (NAICS) for this requirement is 541519, with the corresponding size standard of $30M annually.
To assist DISA in making a determination regarding the level of participation by small business in any subsequent procurement that may result from this Sources Sought, you are also encouraged to provide information regarding your plans to use joint venturing (JV) or partnering. Please outline how you would envision your company’s areas of expertise and those of any proposed JV/partner would be combined to meet the specific requirements contained in this announcement.
In order to make a determination for a small business set-aside, two or more qualified and capable small businesses must submit responses that demonstrate their qualifications. Responses must demonstrate the company’s ability to perform in accordance with the Limitations on Subcontracting clause (FAR 52.219-14).
Responses should include:
- Business name and address;
- Name of company representative and their business title;
- Type of Small Business;
- Cage Code;
- Your contract vehicles that would be available to the Government for the procurement of the product and/or service, to include ENCORE III, SETI, NIH, NASA SEWP, GSA: OASIS, ALLIANT II, VETS, STARS II, Federal Supply Schedules (FSS) (including applicable SIN(s)), or any other Government Agency contract vehicle that allows for decentralized ordering. (This information is for market research only and does not preclude your company from responding to this notice.)
Vendors who wish to respond to this should send responses via email NLT September 25, 2020 at 12:00 PM Central (CT) to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com and Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested businesses should submit a brief capabilities statement package addressing the specific questions (no more than five pages) and demonstrating ability to perform the services listed under Required Capabilities.
Proprietary information and trade secrets, if any, must be clearly marked on all materials. All information received that is marked Proprietary will be handled accordingly. Please be advised that all submissions become Government property and will not be returned. All government and contractor personal reviewing RFI responses will have signed non-disclosure agreements and understand their responsibility for proper use and protection from unauthorized disclosure of proprietary information as described 41 USC 423. The Government shall not be held liable for any damages incurred if proprietary information is not properly identified.