The Naval Research Lab (NRL) is posting a Request for Information (RFI) and seeking potential sources for planning purposes only. This notice is not a formal Request for Proposal (RFP) or Request for Quote (RFQ). No awards will be made from the responses to this announcement. The Government will not reimburse any costs associated with the development and submission of materials in response to this request. There is no solicitation available at this time. However, should a requirement materialize, no basis for claims against NRL shall arise as a result of a response to this notice or NRL’s use of such information as either part of our evaluation process or in developing specifications for any subsequent requirement. Inquiries for additional information other than that provided herein will receive no response.
The Naval Research Laboratory’s (NRL) Space Science Division is inquiring for potential sources that are capable of providing the below listed supplies, with the provided technical specifications.
- Air Storage Tanks
- Air tank storage capacity of at least 1,000kg total of air.
- The air supply system shall be comprised of one or more steel storage tanks with a combined volume of at least 380 cubic feet.
- All air supply system tanks, pipes, tees, adapters, valves, and flanges shall have a rated capacity of at least 600 psig.
- Air supply port plates of 8-12in diameter
- Minimum 2 port plates per tank
- The maximum height of the air supply tanks shall be no more than 120 inches.
- Maximum operating temperature of at least 60°C
- The Offeror shall provide all of the pipes, tees, adapters, valves, flanges, gaskets, and hardware required between the compressor system, the air storage tanks, and the inlet to the wind tunnel.
- All air supply system pipes, tees, adapters, valve, and flanges in the main air supply line shall be capable of proper operation at flow rates up to 60,000 SCFM.
- All air supply system tanks, pipes, tees, adapters, and valves shall conform to ASME B31.3.
- The joints between all tanks, pipes, tees, adapters, and valves shall conform to ASME B16.5 with raised face flanges and gaskets.
- All air supply system tanks, pipes, tees, adapters, valve bodies, flanges, and fasteners shall be fabricated from steel.
- All air supply system tanks, pipes, tees, adapters, valves, flanges, and fasteners shall be design for a minimum of 40,000 pressurization/depressurization cycles between 600 psig and 0 psig.
- Erosion rates for all air supply system pipes, tees, and adapters shall be based on 2,000 hours of operation with dry air at a flow rate of 30,000 SCFM
- The complete air supply system shall be sufficiently sealed to limit air storage tank pressure loss to less than 0.5% per hour for the complete integrated air supply system measured between the compressor system isolation valve and the inlet to the NCST Hypersonic Wind Tunnel.
Submission of Information:
All information and data received in response to this posting marked or designated as corporate or proprietary information will be protected as such. Please include this notice number on all documents and email correspondence. Classified Material shall not be submitted. Please transmit responses by e-mail to Graham Irby, Contract Specialist, at Graham.Irby@nrl.navy.mil in either Microsoft Office or .pdf format. All responses must be received on or before the time specified in the announcement.
This is not a request for proposals. Phone solicitations or emails regarding the status of this sources sought will receive no response.