This is a SOURCES SOUGHT SYNOPSIS ONLY. The purpose of this synopsis is to gain knowledge of interest, capabilities and qualifications of firms, especially small businesses including: Native American/Indian-Owned Businesses, 8(a) Certified Small Businesses, Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone) Small Businesses, Small Businesses (SBs), Women-Owned Small Businesses (WOSBs), Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSBs), Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDBs) and Veteran Owned Small Businesses (VOSBs). The interest of “other than small business” is also requested.
NO PROPOSALS ARE BEING REQUESTED OR ACCEPTED WITH THIS SYNOPSIS. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR PROPOSALS AND NO CONTRACT WILL BE AWARDED FROM THIS SYNPOSIS. Respondents will NOT be notified of the results of this synopsis. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this synopsis or any follow-up information requested. Please note that a decision not to submit a response to this RFI will not preclude a vendor from participating in any future solicitation.
The government is seeking firms under the North America Industry Classification System Code (NAICS)
511210, Software Publishers, with a size standard of $38.5 million.
Description/Scope of Work/Performance Work Statement:
The Indian Health Service (IHS) mission is to raise the physical, mental, social, and spiritual health of American Indians and Alaska natives to the highest level. This includes providing direct medical care and well as preventative health support through a variety of programs. The IHS Office of Environmental Health and Engineering (OEHE), Division of Sanitation Facilities Construction (DSFC) currently manages a software portfolio that is utilized by staff located across the continental United States to model water and sewer systems serving the Native American population. Hydraulic monitoring is required to design moderate to large size water systems by calculating water flows, quality, pressures, and fire flows.
The current need is being filled via an annual subscription service with the incumbent contractor, Bentley Systems. The service provides software license distribution to an unlimited number of computers, software usage reporting, access to software upgrades, and 24/7 support. The service also includes access to on-demand and web facilitated training to improve modeling accuracy and employee competencies.
The current portfolio includes:
- 4 seats of WaterCAD 250 Pipes
- 3 seats of Water GEMS 250 Pipes
- 3 seats of Water GEMS 1000 Pipes
- 1 seat of Water GEMs 5000 Pipes; and
- 1 seat of Sewer CAD 250 Pipes.
Services required to meet the agency’s needs include access to:
- a hosted license distribution server to provide software licenses upon demand
- access to software product downloads on demand
- license use reports that document the user, simultaneously usage, and software version
- user management tools to allow access to software downloads, assign user to geographic groups, and manage administrative access
- on-demand and web facilitated training services
- quarterly term licenses for additional use fees.
In order to meet Competition in Contracting Act (CICA) requirements, IHS is seeking vendors who support and provide these licenses AND/OR equivalent platforms with equivalent features and support.
Interested PRIME CONTRACTORS are invited to submit a capabilities statement/narrative demonstrating the firm’s experience in construction projects of a similar nature as described above. The submittal shall be no longer than ten (10) letter-size pages and shall include the following:
1. Cover letter/sheet that includes:
A. Your firm’s Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number,
B. CAGE code (if applicable),
C. Company point of contact (POC) and
DS. Socioeconomic status under North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 511210 (i.e., SBA Certified 8(a), SBA Certified HUBZone, SDB, SDVOSB, WOSB, Native American Owned, etc.), and any other relevant/appropriate data.
E. GSA MAS Contract Number (if applicable)
2. Indicate whether your firm is authorized to provide the required licenses, or equivalent. If there is an alternative to the Bentley Systems platform, please provide this information. Information provided should demonstrate equivalent features and support and any differences from the incumbent platform.
3. Indicate if a solicitation is issued, will your firm be submitting a proposal (Yes/No)
4. General Business Information: Provide general information about your business, to include any relevant information pertaining to the requirement.
5. Experience: Submit at least two (2) but no more than five (5) of similar projects completed within the last ten (10) years that are relevant to the work that will be required under this project. Firms shall include the following information:
a. Indicate whether Prime Contractor or Subcontractor for each project submitted;
b. Dates for each project submitted;
c. Contract value, location, completion date, and complexity of job for each project submitted;
d. Indicate whether the project is a federal, state, tribal or other for each project submitted; and
e. Project references/Agency point of contact (telephone number and e-mail address) for each project submitted.
6. Past Performance: Provide past performance on contracts with government agencies and private industry similar in size, scope and complexity to the instant project in terms of cost control, quality of work and compliance with performance schedules.
Questions regarding this synopsis shall be emailed to Andy Hart, Contracting Officer at email@example.com. Telephone solicitations and questions will not be entertained. This sources sought is for informational and planning purposes ONLY and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government nor will the Government pay for any information solicited. Since this is a sources sought synopsis, no evaluation letters and/or results will be issued to the respondents.
How to Respond
EMAIL RESPONSES ARE REQUIRED BY OCTOBER 21, 2020 at 2:00PM Pacific Time. Electronic versions of your submission package of ten (10) PAGES OR LESS, shall be submitted VIA EMAIL to Andy Hart, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS. This is for planning purposes only and is a market research tool to determine availability and adequacy of potential sources particularly Small Business Sources. The Government will not reimburse responders for the cost of the submittals.