This is a Request for Information (RFI)/Sources Sought Notice. This is NOT a request for proposals and in no way obligates the Government to award any contract. The United States Coast Guard (USCG), Surface Forces Logistics Center (SFLC), Engineering Services Division is conducting Market Research to identify commercially available sources.
The United States Coast Guard is involved in a number of efforts supporting hull structural life maintenance strategies for high-speed cutters operating in the semi-displacement speed range. A Hull Structure Monitoring (HSM) system is required to monitor hull girder loading and fatigue life budget to support operational and maintenance planning decisions for the USCG 154 foot FRC Sentinel class of high-speed cutters. General information on the Cutter may be found at https://www.uscg.mil/acquisition/frc/
Objectives of this effort are development, installation, and support of a prototype HSM system for the USCG FRC to monitor fatigue budget and maximum load limits for fleet maintenance and operational decisions.
Please reply with your interest, capabilities and complete the following questions:
1) Description of prior experience in ship and boat hull structure monitoring systems
2) Type of instrumentation used to measure hull structure response and calculation of fatigue loading
3) Size and compactness of instrumentation used to measure hull structural response to fatigue loading
4) Description of the Data Acquisition system including system size and onboard data reduction capability
5) Redundancy and robustness of the system for marine environments and power quality
6) Installation procedures not requiring welding or hot work
7) Unique approaches to measuring or inferring wave environment encounters at the time of measurements.
Reponses must include a business point of contact, phone number, email address, Cage Code and DUNS. The applicable North American Industry Classification Standard Code (NAICS) is 541330 Exception C. The small business size standard is $41.5M in average annual receipts. Responses to this Sources Sought Notice should also state whether the business is currently classified as Large, Small, Small Disadvantaged, 8(a), HUBZone Small Business, Women Owned, Veteran Owned, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business concern under NAICS 541330.
This Sources Sought Notice does not constitute a Request for Proposal and is not to be construed as a request for an offer. Therefore, there will be no evaluation of responses to this Notice for contract award purposes. Reimbursement will not be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this announcement and any follow-up information requests.
Responses and Questions regarding this Notice shall be submitted in writing to Carol Dreszer, email@example.com