The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is issuing this Request for Information (RFI) as a means of conducting market research to identify small business parties having an interest in and the resources to support TSA’s need for Janitorial Services for TSA leased space at Bradley International Airport (BDL) in Windsor Locks, CT.
The applicable North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code assigned to this procurement is anticipated to be 561720 “Janitorial Services”. The Product Service Code (PSC) is anticipated to be S201 “Housekeeping – Custodial Janitorial”. At this time the Government anticipates setting aside this procurement as a total small business set aside.
Janitorial services and pest control are required TSA leased space areas at the Bradley International Airport (BDL) in Windsor Locks, CT. TSA requires cleaning for approximately 11,825 square feet of offsite leased space and 3,118 square feet of onsite leased space. The space is dedicated to supervisor offices, cubicles, training rooms, bathrooms and kitchenette. The Contractor shall provide janitorial services seven (7) days a week, for the space occupied by the TSA at BDL. Services may include:
Daily (Once a day unless otherwise noted):
- Empty all trash from receptacles and remove along with other boxes or articles appropriately marked “Trash” that is placed near the trash receptacles. Insert new liners in trash receptacles. Completed twice per day.
- Sweep and dust mop all hard surface floors and ensure they are free of spills, dirt and debris, including under safety or walk off mats.
- Clean and disinfect all tables, microwaves, countertops, outside surfaces of all appliances, water fountain(s), sinks and all fixtures ensuring they are free of spills, dirt, dust and debris.
- Vacuum carpeted floors.
- Clean all interior glass doors/panels.
- Damp mop restroom floors with anti-bacterial cleaner and ensure they are free of spills, dirt and debris.
- Clean restrooms using a germicidal cleaner on wash basins, countertops, commodes, urinals, doors and partitions.
- Replenish restroom with contractor-supplied consumables. All recyclables are to be properly placed in compactor or other required container specified by The Port Authority.
- COVID-19 cleaning and sanitization as needed.
Weekly (Once a day unless otherwise noted):
- Damp mop all hard surface floors and vacuum carpeted floors (twice weekly).
- Clean and disinfect all trash receptacles.
- Dust office furniture, chair rails, window sills, or office ledges.
- Shampoo carpet.
- Clean air conditioning intake vents.
- Replace light bulbs as needed (as required).
- The pest control should include all leased areas. An initial application should be placed for small insects and monthly maintenance is required afterward.
THERE IS NOT A SOLICITATION AT THIS TIME. This request for information does not constitute a request for quotes or a promise to contract; submission of any information in response to this market survey is purely voluntary; the Government assumes no financial responsibility for any costs incurred. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted or acknowledged, and no feedback or evaluation will be provided to companies regarding their submissions.
Responses to this request are solely for the purpose of market research. Neither do they constitute pre-competition nor will they be evaluated in any way. Likewise, this request does not commit the U.S. Government to any course of action in the future. This request is issued solely for planning and information purposes and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government to enter into a contractual agreement; no basis for a claim against the Government shall arise as a result from a response to this notice or Government use of any information provided.
Furthermore, the responses obtained will assist TSA with ensuring any final requirement is clearly defined to mitigate potential cost, schedule, and performance risk. The Government believes industry feedback is important and is receptive to comments from industry highlighting potential technical problem areas associated with this effort. The draft requirements described herein may vary from the work scope if a final solicitation is issued.
If your organization has the potential capacity to perform these contract services, please provide the following information:
1. Organization name, address, email address, web site address, telephone number, current socio-economic status, and DUNS; and
2. Please indicate your ability to provide the requirements outlined herein and your intention to bid on this solicitation.
Interested parties who consider themselves qualified to perform the above-listed services are invited to submit a response to this RFI no later than 12:00 PM local Washington DC time on Wednesday, December 1, 2021. All responses under this RFI must be emailed to email@example.com by the date specified in the notice. Responses not received by the closing date and time may not be considered or reviewed by TSA.
Questions in support of this RFI will not be addressed. Additional information regarding this contracting opportunity with TSA may be found in the DHS Acquisition Planning Forecast System (APFS) under F2021056073.