THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR BID – PLANS AND SPECIFICATIONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE.
THIS NOTICE IS BEING ISSUED TO DETERMINE IF THERE IS SUFFICIENT INTEREST FROM QUALIFIED PRIME CONTRACTORS who are Small Businesses, HUBZone small businesses, Woman owned small business concerns, 8(a) small businesses, or Service disabled veteran owned small businesses and who intend to submit a bid for this solicitation to allow for a set-aside in one of these programs. Contractors MUST submit the following by e-mail to CFLAcquisitions@dot.gov for receipt by close of business (4 p.m. local Denver time) on November 17, 2021:
(1) A positive statement of your intention to submit a bid for this solicitation as a Prime Contractor;
(2) A copy of the letter from SBA stating date of HUBZone small business certification or acceptance to the 8(a) small business program. In the case of a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Concern, you must provide proof of eligibility (DD form 214 or a letter of adjudication from the Veterans Administration). This information must be provided in order to determine eligibility – DO NOT SEND COPIES OF YOUR SAM PROFILE;
(3) Letter from bonding agent stating your firm's capability to bond for a single project of $5 million, and your firm's aggregate bonding capacity; and
(4) Provide a list of road construction projects of equal or greater value and scope to the NV FLAP US50(1) Round Hill Pines Access project in which you performed (as the prime contractor) embankment construction, asphalt concrete pavement, lean concrete backfill, and temporary traffic control flaggers. State whether your firm was the prime contractor or subcontractor on the project. DO NOT SEND INFORMATION ON PROJECTS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE ABOVE WORK.
The size of a small business firm includes all parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, etc. Refer to the Code of Federal Regulations 13 CFR 121.103 for information on how the SBA determines affiliation and 13 CFR 121.108 regarding the penalties for misrepresentation of size status. All firms should be certified in the System for Award Management (SAM) located at https://www.sam.gov/
A Qualified HUBZone SBC receiving a HUBZone contract for general construction must spend at least 50% of the cost of the contract incurred for personnel on its own employees or employees of other qualified HUBZone SBCs. This requirement may be met by expending at least 50% of the cost of the contract incurred for personnel on its employees or it may subcontract at least 35% of the cost of the contract performance incurred for personnel to one or more qualified HUBZone SBCs. A qualified HUBZone SBC prime contractor may not, however, subcontract more than 50% of the cost of the contract incurred for personnel to non-qualified HUBZone SBCs.
PROJECT DETAILS: NV FLAP US50(1) Round Hill Pines Access
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The NV FLAP US50(1), Round Hill Pines Access project is located approximately 0.5 miles south of Zephyr Cove, NV near Lake Tahoe. The project is proposing to widen US 50 and construct a new access road to the Round Hill Pines Beach Resort. The purpose of the project is to increase safety and improve accessibility for visitors entering and exiting the Round Hill Pines Beach Resort from US 50. The current US 50 entrance configuration into the Round Hill Pines Beach Resort has safety concerns due to the limited sight distance for vehicles traveling in both directions along US 50 and unprotected turning movements across US 50 for vehicles accessing the resort.
SCOPE OF THE WORK: The project consists of 0.34 miles of construction on US 50 and 0.13 miles of new entrance to the Round Hill Pines Beach Resort (Round Hill Pines Access Road). US 50 work includes widening to accommodate a median left turn lane and acceleration lane, as well as a mill and overlay of existing US 50. Round Hill Pines Access Road work involves new roadway construction of the access road between the new intersection with US 50 and the Forest Service parking area. Large fills up to approximately 30 feet are anticipated near the intersection of US 50 and the Round Hill Pines Access Road. Other improvements include roadway drainage improvements, signing, and striping.
- 20420-0000 Embankment Construction: 50,400 CUYD
- 40301-0100 Asphalt Concrete Pavement, Type 1: 2,850 TON
- 61401-0000 Lean Concrete Backfill: 330 CUYD
- 63506-0500 Temporary Traffic Control, Flagger: 3,500 HOUR
- Advertisement: February 2022
- Contract Award: April 2022
- Notice to Proceed: April 2022
- Construction Complete: October 2022
- The proposed project is estimated at a cost between $3 million and $5 million.
- Tree removals on United States Forest Service land are anticipated to occur prior to start of this project. The contractor will be responsible for disposal of removed trees from the project site.
- This project will tie into a United States Forest Service project that will be completed prior to start of this project.
- TRPA grading season for the project area is from May 1 – October 15.
- The contractor will be required to provide a qualified biologist to conduct surveys in the construction limits for active bird nests within 10 days prior to vegetation removal from March 1 – August 31. If active nests are identified, notify the CO and delay vegetation removal.