MARKET SURVEY FOR THE ACQUISITION OF RADIO FREQUENCY IDENTIFICATION (RFID) HANDHELD SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY IN SUPPORT OF CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION (CBP)
This is a market survey for information and comments from industry that will aid in the formation of an acquisition strategy for the purchase of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Handheld system technology in support of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
The responses to this market survey will be used for informational purposes only. This is not a screening information request or request for proposal of any kind. The FAA is not seeking or accepting unsolicited proposals. The FAA will not pay for any information received or costs incurred in preparing the response to the market survey. Therefore any cost associated with the market survey submission is solely at the interested vendor’s expense.
At this time the nature of the competition has not been determined. The FAA may decide to do a full and open competition or set aside all or part of the procurement for small businesses, service disabled veteran-owned small businesses or eligible socially and economically disadvantaged businesses that are certified by the SBA for participation in the SBA’s 8(a) Program.
The purpose of this market survey is to solicit statements of interest, capabilities, and rough orders of magnitude (cost estimates) from businesses interested in and capable of providing the required equipment as shown in the draft Requirements List. Respondents to this Market Survey are encouraged to provide comments regarding the government’s approach to this requirement.
This market survey is also being conducted in order to obtain the information necessary to determine whether adequate competition exists to set-aside the potential acquisition among small businesses, service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses or 8(a) certified firms.
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes and size standards for this effort:
NAICS – 339999 All Other Miscellaneous Manufacturing
Size Standard – 500 Employees
Interested firms are required to submit a copy of their SBA 8(a) certification letter, if applicable.
The FAA requires interested vendors to address the requirements of providing Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Handheld systems technology as shown in the draft Requirements List.
Each vendor should include the following information along with their submission:
1. Capability Statement – This document should identify:
– Provision of the same/similar equipment that has been provided by your firm
– Previous contracts and awards for this equipment (elaborate: quantities, dollar amounts and provide detailed information and past performance)
– Number of years in business
2. Clearly state whether or not you can provide all of the equipment as listed in the draft Requirements List.
3. Expected programmatic approach (in-house, teaming, subcontracting, etc.) – Respondents must provide their strategy for accomplishing this work, including the percentage of work that will be done by eligible small, service-disabled veteran-owned and 8(a) certified businesses.
4. Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) or budgetary estimate for the items described in the draft SOW.
All responses to this market survey must be received by 4:00 p.m. Central Time (Oklahoma Time) on September 25, 2020.
The FAA prefers that all submittals, including attachments, be submitted electronically to the following emails:
To Contract Specialist: Tamara.M.Maxwell@faa.gov
CC Contracting Officer: Joshua.D.Huckeby@faa.gov
Email is the only method of market survey submission. Please include “6973GH-20-R-00194 – CBP RFID – MARKET SURVEY” in the subject line of your email. Information provided will not be released but please mark PROPRIETARY on all documents submitted as necessary.