MARKET SURVEY FOR THE CAMERA TECHNOLOGY REFRESH FOR THE NORTHERN BORDER (NB) REMOTE VIDEO SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM (RVSS) IN SUPPORT OF CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION (CBP)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE IN WRITING AND EITHER MAILED, FAXED OR EMAILED TO THE CONTRACTING SPECIALIST. CONTACT INFORMATION BELOW.
This is a market survey for information and comments from industry that will aid in the formation of an acquisition strategy for a Camera Technology Refresh for the Northern Border (NB) Remote Video Surveillance System (RVSS) in support of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The draft requirements are identified in the attached draft Statement of Work (SOW).
The responses to this market survey will be used for informational purposes only. This is not a screening information request or request for proposal of any kind. The FAA is not seeking or accepting unsolicited proposals. The FAA will not pay for any information received or costs incurred in preparing the response to the market survey. Therefore any cost associated with the market survey submission is solely at the interested vendor’s expense.
At this time the nature of the competition has not been determined. The FAA may decide to do a full and open competition or set aside all or part of the procurement for small businesses, service disabled veteran-owned small businesses or eligible socially and economically disadvantaged businesses that are certified by the SBA for participation in the SBA’s 8(a) Program.
The purpose of this market survey is to solicit statements of interest, capabilities, and rough orders of magnitude (cost estimates) from businesses interested in and capable of providing the required equipment and services per the attached draft Statement of Work (SOW). Respondents to this Market Survey are encouraged to provide comments regarding the government’s approach to this requirement.
This market survey is also being conducted in order to obtain the information necessary to determine whether adequate competition exists to set-aside the potential acquisition among small businesses, service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses or 8(a) certified firms.
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes and size standards for this effort:
NAICS – 333314, Optical Instrument and Lens Manufacturing
Size Standard – 500 Employees
Interested firms are required to submit a copy of their SBA 8(a) certification letter, if applicable.
The FAA requires interested vendors to address the requirements in the attached draft Statement of Work (SOW). This document is provided for feedback and comments.
Each vendor should include the following information along with their submission:
1. Capability Statement – This document should identify:
– Provision of the same/similar services as listed in the SOW that have been provided by your firm
– Previous contracts and awards for these services (elaborate: quantities, dollar amounts and provide detailed information and past performance)
– Number of years in business
2. Clearly state whether or not you can provide all of the equipment and services as listed in the draft SOW, including:
- Please clearly state if you can fully support a system utilizing Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) equipment.
- Please clearly state that you will be able to provide engineering services for integrating the new hardware and other required analysis.
3. Expected programmatic approach (in-house, teaming, subcontracting, etc.) – Respondents must provide their strategy for accomplishing this work, including the percentage of work that will be done by eligible small, service-disabled veteran-owned and 8(a) certified businesses.
4. Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) or budgetary estimate for the items described in the draft SOW.
All responses to this market survey must be received by 4:00 p.m. Central Time (Oklahoma Time) on August 21, 2020.
Email is the only accepted method of submission, please include “MARKET SURVEY RESPONSE: RVSS-NB Communications System Technology Refresh” in the subject line of your email. Information provided will not be released but please mark PROPRIETARY on all documents submitted as necessary.
The FAA only accepts submittals, including attachments, to be submitted electronically to the following:
Email: Tamara.M.Maxwell@faa.gov and Joshua.D.Huckeby@faa.gov
Respondents are encouraged to review the attached documents and provide comments. If you are viewing this announcement through Fed Biz Ops (www.fbo.gov) the attachments may not be available / viewable to you. If so, please proceed to the FAA’s Contract Opportunities Website at faaco.faa.gov to obtain the attachments.