NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE IN WRITING AND EITHER MAILED, FAXED OR EMAILED TO THE CONTRACTING OFFICE. CONTACT INFORMATION BELOW.
The purpose of this Market Survey is to obtain statements of interest from interested vendors and also to obtain information and comments from industry that will aid in the formation of an acquisition strategy for Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) Cab Glass.
The draft specification is attached to this announcment. Please note that the attached specification is in draft format and subject to change. Interested vendors are encouraged to read, understand, and submit any questions, comments, and concerns to assist the FAA with the development of this requirement.
The responses to this market survey will be used for informational purposes only. This is not a request for proposal of any kind. The FAA is not seeking or accepting unsolicited proposals. The FAA will not pay for any information received or costs incurred in preparing the response to the market survey. Therefore any cost associated with the market survey submission is solely at the interested vendor’s expense.
At this time the nature of the competition has not been determined. The FAA may decide to do a full and open competition or set aside all or part of the procurement for small businesses, service disabled veteran-owned small businesses or eligible socially and economically disadvantaged businesses that are certified by the SBA for participation in the SBA’s 8(a) Program.
The purpose of this market survey is to solicit statements of interest, capabilities, and rough orders of magnitude (cost estimates) for budgetary purposes from businesses interested in and capable of providing the services as shown on the attached draft Requirements List. Respondents to this Market Survey are encouraged to provide comments regarding industry approaches to this requirement.
This market survey is also being conducted in order to obtain the information necessary to determine whether adequate competition exists, and potential for setting-aside the potential acquisition among small businesses, service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses or 8(a) certified firms.
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes and size standards for this effort:
NAICS – 238150 Glass and Glazing Contractors
NAICS Business Size Standard –$16.5M
Interested firms are required to submit a copy of their SBA 8(a) certification letter, if applicable.
The FAA requires interested vendors to address the requirements in the attached draft Requirements List. This document is provided for feedback and comments.
Each vendor should include the following information along with their submission:
1. Capability Statement – This document should identify:
– Provision of the same or similar services as listed in the Requirements List that have been provided by your firm
– Previous contracts and awards for these services (elaborate: quantities, dollar amounts and provide detailed information and past performance)
– Number of years in business
2. Clearly state whether or not you can provide all of the services as listed in the Requirements List, including the training of the helium reclamation. Please send an outline or draft of how you would anticipate a recovery system would work (i.e.: would be done on-site where the aerostats are located, would purification need to be done at a separate location, etc.) and how training would be conducted.
3. Expected programmatic approach (in-house, teaming, subcontracting, etc.) – Respondents must provide their strategy for accomplishing this work, including the percentage of work that will be done by eligible small, service-disabled veteran-owned and 8(a) certified businesses.
4. Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) or budgetary estimate for the items described in the Requirements List.
All responses to this market survey must be received by 5:00 p.m. Central Time (Oklahoma Time) on September 9, 2020.
The FAA prefers that all submittals, including attachments, be submitted electronically to the following:
Email is the preferred method of response, please include “MARKET SURVEY RESPONSE: ATCT CAB GLASS” in the subject line of your email. Information provided will not be released but please mark PROPRIETARY on all documents submitted as necessary.