SOURCES SOUGHT: Chicagoland and Rockford Repair and Alterations Architect-Engineer IDIQ
THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS AND A CONTRACT AWARD WILL NOT BE MADE FROM THIS QUESTIONNAIRE. Information submitted in response to this synopsis is for market research purposes only. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information to this Sources Sought or any follow-up information. The Government is under no obligation to issue a solicitation as a result of this announcement.
This Sources Sought is a market research tool being utilized to determine the availability of technically capable and otherwise responsible small business socioeconomic contracting programs (i.e., 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, or WOSB programs) that would be interested in submitting offers for this anticipated acquisition. Your answers to the below questions may be used to tailor a solicitation to establish and Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract for Architect and Engineering Services. Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability and respond to Gregory.Karpovics@gsa.gov by 1:00 PM Central Time, Tuesday March 24, 2021.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
General Services Administration (GSA) Region 5, the Chicagoland area defined as the Chicago-Naperville-Elgin,IL-IN-WI Metropolitan Statistical Area of which Chicago-Aurora-Joliet, IL Metropolitan Division is one of three Division making up the Chicago metropolitan statistical area (MSA) and shall also include the county of Winnebago (to include the City of Rockford)
SUMMARY OF SCOPE
The scope of services under this IDIQ may change if it is synopsized and solicited. Firms will be primarily performing architectural and engineering services under this contract; architecture-led and engineering-led firms are encouraged to participate as leads.
While the IDIQ is for Architect/Engineer Services, Engineering firms are also encouraged to participate if they believe they can meet the requirements below. A broad range of services potentially requested under this IDIQ contract may include but are not limited to the following:
· Feasibility, pre-design, and project development studies
· Field investigation, Site / Existing Condition surveys
· Concept design, Design development and Construction document development (both engineering and architectural)
· Constructability review and evaluation
· Construction Administration Services (internally referred to as Post Construction Contract Services and Management and Inspection Services)
· Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing system assessments and design
· Record and close-out documents
· Façade evaluation and remediation design
· Structural evaluation and design
· Historic building assessment, materials review and repair solution/ remediation
· Building condition survey evaluation reports (exterior and interior)
· Fire Protection and Life Safety evaluation and design
· Temperature control assessment and design
· Report writing
· BAS system assessment and integration
· Building and system commissioning
· Forensic Analysis
· Low-voltage (Communication, A/V, lighting control) design
Architectural and engineering disciplines and other specialized expertise that may be required to accomplish the scopes of the task orders include but are not limited to:
· Mechanical Engineering
· Electrical Engineering
· Structural & Civil Engineering
· Fire Protection
· Life Safety
· Physical Security & Access Control
· Seismic Design
· Blast Analysis and Design
· Vertical Transportation
· Historic Preservation
· Cost Estimating
· Sustainability Services
· Building Information Modeling
· Code Compliance
· Environmental Services
Those wishing to identify their capability to provide the services above should respond to this announcement via email to Gregory.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1:00 PM Central Time, Wednesday March 24, 2021. Interested parties should follow the following format when sending their responses, failure to follow the format may result in your reply being missed:
SUBJECT LINE: “47PF0021Q0093 – Chicagoland AE IDIQ, @@@TYPE FIRM NAME HERE@@@, Interest Statement
1) Company name, Address,
2) CAGE code.
3) DUNS number.
4) Size status, socio-economic certifications/categories under the following NAICS codes:
NAICS 541310 and/or NAICS 541330.
5) A brief (no more than two paragraphs) statement describing the company's interest and ability in performing the work and meeting scope requirements.