THIS REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) SOURCES SOUGHT IS ISSUED SOLELY FOR MARKET RESEARCH AND PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION.
1. Responses to this Sources Sought must be in writing. The purpose of this Sources Sought Announcement is for market research purposes only to make appropriate acquisition decisions and to gain knowledge of Small Business Capability, including Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses and Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB/VOSB) interested and capable of performing the work.
2. The NAICS/PSC for this requirement is:
NAICS Code: 721214 Recreational and Vacation Camps (except Campgrounds)
PSC: G003 Social – Recreational
Size Standard: $7.5 Mil
Description of Requirement: The contractor shall provide a minimum of six (6) and a maximum of nine (9) Megabus Retreats – Outdoor Group Events per year to accommodate twenty (20) participants and two Readjustment Counseling Services (RCS) Therapists. The contractor shall provide two (2) four (4) day retreats, with travel on the first and fourth day. Three (3) five (5) day retreats, with travel on the first and fifth day. Four (4) six (6) day retreats, with travel on the first and sixth day. These retreats shall include one day for airport travel and/or travel to the outdoor group retreat s location and one day for return travel from the outdoor group retreat s location to the participants home airport or designated drop off location.
The Government shall have the option to add additional outdoor group retreats up to a maximum of twelve (12) per year based on availability of funding for this procurement. The Contractor shall be given sufficient time to establish new outdoor group retreats for the Government.
Contractor shall provide lodging, meals, and materials costs for the twenty (20) participants and the lodging and meals on site for the two (2) RCS staff.
B. The contractor is responsible for the transportation costs of the twenty (20) participants from their hometown airport to the outdoor group retreat city s closest airport. These transportation costs will be reimbursed directed by the Government at the exact cost and will be coordinated and pre-approved with the COR.
C. All transportation from the outdoor group retreat site airport to and from the exact location shall be provided by the Contractor.
D. Event locations shall be held within the following states: 11 states: Alaska, American Samoa, Idaho, Nevada, California, Washington, Oregon, Guam, Hawaii, Arizona, New Mexico. The Contractor shall have the option to select the type of events to conduct two (2) four (4) day retreats, three (3) five (5) day retreats, and four (4) six (6) day retreats in accordance with the Statement of Work (SOW). Retreats shall be scheduled to accommodate weather patterns for each state and it is preferred that retreats are held outdoors. The contractor shall be responsible for providing the months and dates for each of the retreats by state, type of event that is best to be held per state and depending on weather conditions. Contractor shall have the option to pick up to three (3) different states/locations to conduct the outdoor group retreats.
E. Contractor shall develop and present appropriate programs/events/plans for the 4-day retreats, 5-day retreats and 6-day retreats (this timeframe includes participants travel to and from the participants home to the retreat location) that shall facilitate individual and/or group retreat activities. Include information about all program materials, ensuring availability of necessary office, supplies, and equipment to execute the program.
F. The total time for the actual retreat event hall be no less than two (2) eight-hour days, and up to four (4) eight-hour days. At least one of these retreats shall be focused on a cohort of women-only Veterans.
G. The outdoor experience event is quasi-facility based; outdoor sports activities (hikes, rock-climbing, canoeing, backpacking, camping, etc.) will be woven into the program to facilitate group and individual assistance with the transitional recovery efforts for participants. The selected outdoor group events locations and activities shall accommodate American Disability Act (ADA) participants. The outdoor experience activity setting expectation is to conduct the program events in an outdoor setting to allow for bonding between participants and to further the recovery process of the participants.
H. Each of the event agenda shall include time for Veterans to meet with RCS counseling staff, typically in the morning and in the evening. Event locations shall include a location for RCS to privately conduct counseling with Veterans. Counseling space shall accommodate up to 20 participants and 2 RCS staff.
Outdoor Group Event Program Requirements:
A. The Contractor s outdoor group events shall be structured to provide participants the opportunity to learn about themselves through stimulating individual or group outdoor event experiences. The contractor s events shall be focused on providing individuals an experience where they learn how to travel comfortably and safely in the outdoors and experience outdoor activities. The outdoor experiences will provide an educational environment that allows participants to develop a personal awareness and respect for the natural world. Outdoor experience may include hikes, rock-climbing, canoeing, backpacking, camping. All selected retreat locations and activities shall accommodate ADA participants.
B. The Contractor s events shall also be focused on the following outcomes for Veteran participants: Improved self-esteem, developing trusting relationships, and provide resources and tools for typical participant s path in the continuum of care.
The Contractor events shall facilitate individual and group activities to enhance readjustment from the military to civilian life and continuum of care. Team building activities that establish participant trust will also be incorporated into the events.
The Contractor shall ensure that each outdoor event has staff with First Responder, CPR or First Aid Certification to support the activities and number of participants.
3. Interested and capable Contractors should respond to this notice not later than Monday, November 15, 2021 @ 4:00 PM PDT by providing the following via email only to Imelda Martinez, Contracting Officer, at Imelda.email@example.com.
(a) company name
(c) point of contact
(d) phone, fax, and email of primary point of contact
(e) DUNS number
(f) Type of small business, if applicable, (e.g. Services-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Veteran-owned small business (VOSB), 8(a), HUB-Zone, Women Owned Small Business, Small disadvantaged business, or Small Business).
(g) A capability statement that addresses the organization s qualifications and ability to perform as a contractor specifically for the work described in paragraph 5 below. Respondents are also encouraged to provide specific examples (e.g. contract number, point of contact information) of the Contractor s experience providing the same or similar supplies/services to that described in paragraph 5 below.
4. SDVOSB/VOSB respondents.
(a) If respondent is VOSB or SDVOSB, respondent is encouraged to provide proof of www.vetbiz.gov certification. In addition, SDVOSB/VOSB Contractors are asked to acknowledge that they understand the limitations on sub-contracting pursuant to FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Sub-Contracting, which will be included in the impending solicitation. Further SDVOSB/VOSB contractors are asked to respond that they are capable of providing the requested services keeping within the parameters of this clause.
(b) Small businesses, including SDVOSB/VOSBS are also advised that per 13 CFR, Ã‚Â§ 125.6 the prime contractor’s limitations on subcontracting are as follows:
(1) General. In order to be awarded a full or partial small business set-aside contract with a value greater than $150,000, an 8(a) contract, an SDVO SBC contract, a HUBZone contract, a WOSB or EDWOSB contract pursuant to part 127 of this chapter, a small business concern must agree that:
(2) In the case of a contract for services (except construction), it will not pay more than 50% of the amount paid by the government to it to firms that are not similarly situated. Any work that a similarly situated subcontractor further subcontracts will count towards the 50% subcontract amount that cannot be exceeded.
5. The Contractor shall provide Megabus Retreats – Outdoor Group Events All requirements shall be stated in the Statement of Work (SOW) once the Request for Proposal (RFP) is issued in the future, this is just to obtain interested sources.
6. Please note that if VA s pending market research establishes that two or more VOSB or SDVOSB, who are certified in VA s Vendor Information Pages (VIP) site https://www.vip.vetbiz.gov/, can provide the services, VA will set aside the underlying solicitation per 38 U.S.C. Ã‚Â§8127.Ã‚Â
7. All Offerors who provide goods or services to the United States Federal Government must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database found at https://www.sam.gov. Registration must include Representations and Certifications.
–End of Sources Sought Announcement–