Sources Sought Notice
Sources Sought Notice
Page 3 of 3
Sources Sought Notice
*= Required Field
Sources Sought Notice
Page 1 of 3
THIS REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) IS ISSUED SOLELY FOR INFORMATION AND PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION.
THE SUBMISSION OF PRICING, CAPABILITIES FOR PLANNING PURPOSES, AND OTHER MARKET INFORMATION IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED AND ALLOWED UNDER THIS RFI IN ACCORDANCE WITH (IAW) FAR 15.201(e).
This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly. IAW FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI.
SOURCES SOUGHT DESCRIPTION
This is NOT a solicitation announcement. This is a sources sought/RFI only. The purpose of this sources sought/RFI is to gain knowledge of potential qualified sources and their size classification relative to NAICS 339112 (size standard 1,000). Responses to this sources sought will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. After review of the responses to this sources sought, a solicitation announcement may be published. Responses to this sources sought synopsis are not considered adequate responses for a solicitation announcement.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), VISN 22 Network Contracting Office, is seeking sources that can provide an Esophageal Pressure Sensor that meets the following salient characteristics and specifications for VA Long Beach Healthcare System.
Vendor must have a local certified 503A pharmacy(s) with an active board of pharmacy license and FDA registered 503B Outsourcing Facilities that are licensed to ship into/within the State of California.
The vendor must complete and meet all requirements for national VA Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) Compounded Sterile Products Assessment guidelines.
The vendor must be able to provide documentation of compliance with the standards outlined in the current version of USP 797.
The vendor must be able to provide both central and peripheral parenteral nutrition, including cyclic and dialysis based parenteral nutrition that are customizable to each patient s specific needs.
The vendor must be able to provide 24 hours of parenteral nutrition components per day.
The vendor must be able to deliver the completed parenteral nutrition product to the VA within 6 hours of ordering.
The vendor must maintain proactive communication with VALB pharmacy regarding shortages, changes in formulation, or other availability changes with all medications provided to the VA.
The vendor s non-patient specific compounds from the FDA registered 503B Outsourcing Facility must have a beyond use date (BUD) of at least 90 days for the compounds provided.
The vendor s medication ordering application must be accessible on VA network computers.
The vendor s medication ordering application must provide clinical decision parameters and safety checks including: Solubility and osmolarity checks, precipitation curves, and potential interactions with the components of the medication.
The vendor s medication ordering application must be able to retrieve historical compounds to assist with historical re-ordering.
Product Information/Item List
Total Parenteral Nutrition / Peripheral Parenteral Nutrition
6056-1 Norepinephrine 4 mg added to Dextrose 5% 250 mL in 250 mL Excel bag
6003-1 Ephedrine 5 mg/mL in 0.9% Sodium Chloride 5 mL in 5 mL BD Syringe
6009-1 Phenylephrine 100 mcg/mL in 0.9% Sodium Chloride 10 mL in 10 mL BD Syringe
2071-5 Fentanyl 10 mcg/mL in 0.9% Sodium Chloride 250 mL in 250 mL Pinnacle Bag
4035-3 Midazolam 1 mg/mL in 0.9% Sodium Chloride 100 mL in 100 mL Hospira Bag
Manufacture is CAPS (Central Admixture Pharmacy Service).
The information identified above is intended to be descriptive, not restrictive and to indicate the quality of the supplies/services that will be satisfactory. It is the responsibility of the interested source to demonstrate to the government that the interested parties can provide the supplies/services that fulfill the required specifications.
If you are interested and are capable of providing the sought out supplies/services, please provide the requested information as well as the information indicated below. Response to this notice should include company name, address, point of contact, size of business pursuant to the following questions:
(1) Please indicate the size status and representations of your business, such as but not limited to: Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), Hubzone, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), Large Business, etc.)?
(2) Is your company considered small under the NAICS code identified under this RFI?
(3) Are you the manufacturer, distributor, or an equivalent solution to the items being referenced above?
(4) If you are a large business, do you have any designated distributors? If so, please provide their company name, telephone, point of Contact and size status (if available).
(5) If you re a small business and you are an authorized distributor/reseller for the items identified above or an equivalent solution, do you alter; assemble; modify; the items requested in any way? If you do, state how and what is altered; assembled; modified?
(6) Does your company have an FSS contract with GSA or the NAC or are you a contract holder with NASA SEWP or any other federal contract? If so, please provide the contract number.
(7) If you are an FSS GSA/NAC or NASA SEWP contract holder or other federal contract holder, are the items/solution you are providing information for available on your schedule/contract?
(8) Please provide general pricing of your products/solution for market research purposes.
(9) Please submit your capabilities in regards to the salient characteristics being provided and any information pertaining to equal to items to establish capabilities for planning purposes?
(10) Please review salient characteristics/statement of work (if applicable) and provide feedback or suggestions. If none, please reply as N/A.
(11) Please provide your DUNS number.
(12) Please provide a list of detail requirements and drawings.
*** Submissions addressing Section (8) should show clear, compelling and convincing*** evidence that all equal to items” meet all required salient characteristics.
Responses to this notice shall be submitted via email to Carlo.email@example.com. Telephone responses shall not be accepted. Responses must be received no later than Wednesday September 15, 2021 at 1:00 PM PST. If a solicitation is issued it shall be announced at a later date, and all interested parties must respond to that solicitation announcement separately from the responses to this request for information. Responses to this notice are not a request to be added to a prospective bidders list or to receive a copy of the solicitation.