THIS REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) IS ISSUED SOLELY FOR INFORMATION AND PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION.
THE SUBMISSION OF PRICING, CAPABILITIES FOR PLANNING PURPOSES, AND OTHER MARKET INFORMATION IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED AND ALLOWED UNDER THIS RFI IN ACCORDANCE WITH (IAW) FAR 15.201(e).
This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly. IAW FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI.
SOURCES SOUGHT DESCRIPTION
This is NOT a solicitation announcement. This is a sources sought/RFI only. The purpose of this sources sought/RFI is to gain knowledge of potential qualified sources and their size classification relative to NAICS 334516 (size standard of 1000 Employees). Responses to this sources sought will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. After review of the responses to this sources sought, a solicitation announcement may be published. Responses to this sources sought synopsis are not considered adequate responses for a solicitation announcement.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), VISN 22 Network Contracting Office, is seeking sources that can provide a Plasmatherm Thawing System that at a minimum meets the following salient characteristics with a brand name or equal product for the VA San Diego, VA Greater Los Angeles, VA Long Beach, and VA Phoenix Healthcare Systems:
Must be able to thaw up to 8 units of Fresh Frozen Plasma (FFP) or Cyroprecipitate, of any combination of each.
Must be able to thaw FFP, Cryoprecipitate Anti-hemolytic Factor (AHF), octaplas, and plasma frozen.
Must be able to warm whole blood, red blood cells, and crystalloid infusion solutions prior to transfusion.
Must be dry thawing and warming. No direct contact with water.
Must have leak control by moisture sensors to prevent contamination of equipment and environment.
Must have a contained water source to prevent blood product contamination.
Must not require water maintenance/change more than twice annually.
Must have an agitation feature during the thawing process.
Must have an optical and acoustic alert signal to notify operator wen thawing is complete to ensure product is prepared in a timely manner.
Must have a temperature setting that adheres to 21 CFR 606.122 Current Good Manufacturing Practices for Blood and Blood Components Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulation.
Must have a small footprint of no more than 24 depth; 14 width; 14 height because of limited space and design in laboratory.
Must be corrosion resistant.
Unit must weigh no more than 40 lbs. when not filled with thawing solution.
Must be able to maintain a constant 37 degrees Celsius.
Must have electronic and mechanical overheat alarms.
Must have leak detection and auto shut-off alarm.
Brand name Information:
GENESIS Plasmatherm by Barkey, Product #46-212.10050
The information identified above is intended to be descriptive, not restrictive and to indicate the quality of the supplies/services that will be satisfactory. It is the responsibility of the interested source to demonstrate to the government that the interested parties can provide the supplies/services that fulfill the required specifications.
If you are interested and can provide the sought-out supplies/services, please provide the requested information as well as the information indicated below. Response to this notice should include company name, address, point of contact, size of business pursuant to the following questions:
(1) Please indicate the size status and representations of your business, such as but not limited to: Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), Hubzone, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), Large Business, etc.)?
(2) Is your company considered small under the NAICS code identified under this RFI?
(3) Are you the manufacturer or distributor of the items being referenced above (or equivalent product/solution)? What is the manufacturing country of origin of these items?
(4) If you re a small business and you are an authorized distributor/reseller for the items identified above (or equivalent product/solution), do you alter; assemble; modify; the items requested in any way? If you do, state how and what is altered; assembled; modified?
(5) Does your company have an FSS contract with GSA or the NAC or are you a contract holder with NASA SEWP or any other federal contract? If so, please provide the contract type and number.
(6) If you are an FSS GSA/NAC or NASA SEWP contract holder or other federal contract holder, are the referenced items/solutions available on your schedule/contract?
(7) Please provide general pricing for your products/solutions for market research purposes.
(8) Please submit your capabilities regarding the salient characteristics being provided and any information pertaining to equal to items to establish capabilities for planning purposes?
*** Submissions addressing Section (8) should show clear, compelling and convincing*** evidence that all equal to items” meet all required salient characteristics.
Responses to this notice shall be submitted via email to email@example.com. Telephone responses shall not be accepted. Responses must be received no later than Monday, June 21, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. PST. If a solicitation is issued it shall be announced at a later date, and all interested parties must respond to that solicitation announcement separately from the responses to this request for information. Responses to this notice are not a request to be added to a prospective bidders list or to receive a copy of the solicitation.