THIS REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) 36C26220Q1373 -IS ISSUED SOLELY FOR INFORMATION AND PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION.
THE SUBMISSION OF PRICING, CAPABILITIES FOR PLANNING PURPOSES, AND OTHER MARKET INFORMATION IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED AND ALLOWED UNDER THIS RFI IN ACCORDANCE WITH (IAW) FAR 15.201(e).
SOURCES SOUGHT DESCRIPTION
This is NOT a solicitation announcement. This is a source sought/RFI for market research only. The purpose of this source sought/RFI is to gain knowledge of potential qualified sources and their size classification relative to NAICS 325412 (size standard is $1,250 Employees). Responses to this source sought will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. After review of the responses to this source sought, a solicitation announcement may be published. Responses to this source sought synopsis are not considered adequate responses for a solicitation announcement.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), VISN 22 Network Contracting Office, is seeking sources that can provide Pharmacy Patient Specific Parenteral Nutrition that at a minimum meets the following salient characteristics in the Statement of Work for the VA Long Beach Healthcare System:
TrophAmine / Plenamine15%: 1mL to 3001mL.
6056-1 Norepinephrine 4 mg added to Dextrose 5% 250 mL in 250 mL Excel bag
6003-1 Ephedrine 5 mg/mL in 0.9% Sodium Chloride 5 mL in 5 mL BD Syringe
6009-1 Phenylephrine 100 mcg/mL in 0.9% Sodium Chloride 10 mL in 10 mL BD Syringe
2071-5 Fentanyl 10 mcg/mL in 0.9% Sodium Chloride 250 mL in 250 mL Pinnacle Bag
2012-4 Hydromorphone 1 mg/mL in 0.9% Sodium Chloride 30 mL in 30 mL Hospira PCA Cartridge
4035-3 Midazolam 1 mg/mL in 0.9% Sodium Chloride 100 mL in 100 mL Hospira Bag
Include shipping cost on the items price.
Period of Performance is 10/01/2020 09/31/2020.
Vendor shall quote all items under this requirement.
Vendor shall provide standard warranty on the product starting from the first day of delivery.
Vendor shall meet all Salient Characteristics in the Statement of Work.
Vendor must have certified 503A and 503B pharmacy(s).
This requirement is to provide both patient specific parenteral nutrition as well as non-patient specific compounds that are not readily available commercially. The vendor must provide low, medium, and high-risk compounding services that VALB pharmacy is unable to provide as well as web-based ordering with clinical decision-making tools and safety checks for its parenteral nutrition ordering system.
The vendor must have certified 503A and 503B pharmacy(s).
The company must complete and meet all requirements for national VA PBM Compounded sterile products assessment guidelines
The company must be able to provide both central and peripheral parenteral nutrition, including cyclic and dialysis based Parenteral nutrition
The vendor must be able to provide 24 hours of parenteral nutrition components per day.
The vendor must be able to deliver the completed parenteral nutrition product to the VA within 6 hours of ordering.
The vendor must maintain proactive communication with VALB pharmacy regarding shortages, changes in formulation, or other availability changes with all medications provided to the VA.
The vendor s medication ordering application must be accessible on VA network computers.
The vendor s medication ordering application must provide clinical decision parameters and safety checks including: Solubility and osmolarity checks, precipitation curves, and potential interactions with the components of the medication.
The vendor s medication ordering application must be able to retrieve historical compounds to assist with historical re-ordering.
Period of Performance
The information identified above is intended to be descriptive, not restrictive and to indicate the quality of the supplies/services that will be satisfactory. It is the responsibility of the interested source to demonstrate to the government that the interested parties can provide the supplies/services that fulfill the required specifications.
If you are interested and are capable of providing the sought-out supplies/services, please provide the requested information as well as the information indicated below. Response to this notice should include company name, address, point of contact, size of business pursuant to the following questions:
(1) Please indicates the size status and representations of your business, such as but not limited to: Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), Hub zone, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), Large Business, etc.)?
(2) Is your company considered small under the NAICS code identified under this RFI?
(3) Are you the manufacturer or distributor of the items being referenced above (or equivalent product/solution)? What is the manufacturing country of origin of these items?
(4) If you re a small business and you are an authorized distributor/reseller for the items identified above (or equivalent product/solution), do you alter; assemble; modify; the items requested in any way? If you do, state how and what is altered; assembled; modified?
(5) Does your company have an FSS contract with GSA or the NAC or are you a contract holder with NASA SEWP or any other federal contract? If so, please provide the contract type and number.
(6) If you are an FSS GSA/NAC or NASA SEWP contract holder or other federal contract holder, are the referenced items/solutions available on your schedule/contract?
(7) Please provide general pricing for your products/solutions for market research purposes.
(8) Please submit your capabilities in regard to the salient characteristics being provided and any information pertaining to equal to items to establish capabilities for planning purposes?
*** Submissions addressing Section (8) should show clear, compelling and convincing*** evidence that all equal to items” meet all required salient characteristics.
Responses to this notice shall be submitted via email to Mayra.Barbosa@va.gov. Telephone responses shall not be accepted. Responses must be received no later than 24 August 2020 at 11:00 AM PDT. If a solicitation is issued it shall be announced at a later date, and all interested parties must respond to that solicitation announcement separately from the responses to this request for information. Responses to this notice are not a request to be added to a prospective bidders list or to receive a copy of the solicitation. Please reference 36C26220Q1373, Pharmacy Patient Specific Parenteral Nutrition.