Released pursuant to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 10: Market Research, this is a Request for Information.
Purpose: Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston, TX | Upgrade Renovate Relocate SPS | Project# 580-17-121
In an effort to enhance opportunities for Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB) as required by Public Law 109-461, specifically the Veterans First Contracting Program, NCO16 is performing preliminary market research to identify interested, qualified, capable, SDVOSB and VOSB firms possessing the capacity necessary to compete for a VHA procurement opportunity. In case no SDVOSBs or VOSBs possess the capacity, all Small Businesses possessing the necessary capacity are encouraged to provide a response.
Results of the preliminary market research will be used to determine the potential future solicitation s set-aside requirement.
This source sought notice is issued solely for informational, market research, and planning purposes. It does not constitute an Invitation for Bid (IFB), Request for Quote (RFQ), Request for Proposal, or a promise to issue a subsequent RFQ/IFB/RFP. Currently, no solicitation document exists. Issuance of this notice does not establish any obligation on the part of the Government and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, implied or otherwise, to issue a solicitation or award a contract. In addition, respondents are advised that the United States Government is under no obligation to pay for any information or administrative cost incurred in response to this notice. At this time, proprietary information is not being requested. Respondents shall refrain from including proprietary information in responses to this notice.
The Department of Veterans Affairs anticipates awarding a one-time, Firm-Fixed Price (FFP) Contract.
Project Scope Summary:
Contractor shall furnish all labor, material, tools, equipment, expertise, administration, transportation and supervision necessary to renovate approximately 16,500 square feet of Sterile Processing Services (SPS), logistics and laundry, in basement of Building 100. All construction work must adhere to the latest JCAHO, NFPA, ICARA, OSHA and life safety requirements. All construction work must be performed without affecting medical centers operations.
Work includes specialized construction labor & supervision for demolition, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and interior finishes work as required by provided construction documents.
VAAR 836.204| Disclosure of the magnitude of construction projects.
Between $ 5,000,000 and $10,000,000.
1. Please provide a positive statement of interest in submitting a quote based on the general scope of work description.
2. Please identify your firm s small business category. If your firm is either SDVOSB or VOSB, please state whether you are currently certified by the Department of Veterans Affairs Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE) based upon North American Industry Classification System code (NAICS) 236220 Commercial and Institutional Building Construction. Current SBA size standard for NAICS 236220 is $39.5M.
3. Please provide a capability statement. Describe your firm s in-house capability to accomplish the summarized project scope/goal; how your firm intends to meet the 15% self-performance requirement per PL109-461; and confirmation that your firm can obtain performance and payment bonds up to $10M for this project.
4. Please state your firm’s name, address, DUNS and CAGE number, and primary point of contact, including telephone number(s) and email address.
5. Please provide the following information for your three most relative, recent projects:
(a) Contracting agency address and contracting officer s name, email address, and telephone number.
(b) Contract number, date, amount of award, and date of completion.
(c) Was your company the prime or a subcontractor? If performance was as a subcontractor, please provide the prime company s business name, address, email address, and telephone number, as well as the name, email address and telephone number of a specific contact person.
(d) Describe items/services provided under the contract.
(e) Please state if there were any performance issues under the contract resulting in the issuance of a Cure Notice or Show Cause Notice by the Contracting Officer.
Please submit your information via email to John Moua, Contract Specialist, at John.Moua@va.gov, by the closing date and time listed on FBO. Please limit your responses to three (3) pages and shall include the following as the subject line of your email: Sources Sought for SPS Houston VAMC Project# 580-17-121, (Insert your Company Name).
Please do not include advertising or promotional materials.
This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI.