The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Seeks to Lease Approximately 4,358 (NUSF) Net Usable Square Feet / American National Standards Institute/Building Owners and Managers Association (ANSI/BOMA) Office Area (ABOA) Square Feet of Office Space in the area of Columbia, MO. Only Existing space will be considered.
Space shall be available for use by Tenant (VA) for personnel, furnishings, and equipment to meet the needs for a Vet Center. Space design will provide maximum co-location of the staff providing services to our patients. It will bring the service to the Veterans, reduce the number of steps required to deliver services, and simplify the Veteran s experience.
The space shall be of contiguous office space in a Class A Building. Space offered must be in a quality building of sound and substantial construction, either a new, modernized building, or one that has undergone restoration or rehabilitation for the intended use.
The design of the space offered shall be conducive to efficient layout and good utilization as determined by the Government. To demonstrate potential for efficient layout, the Offeror shall provide a test fit layout at the Offeror s expense of the space offered. The completed building shall accommodate VA s space program and interior functional requirements. Offerors are advised that the conceptual plans for approval by the Department of Veterans Affairs will be developed using VA Space Planning Criteria and information. Lessor shall provide accurate space layout drawings (floor plans) with offer and during design and construction document phases. Respondents are advised that the Government assumes no responsibility to award a lease based upon responses to this advertisement.
Contracting Office Address: Alan Gifford at 913-946-1135/913-219-6852 and email@example.com, United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Network 15 Contracting Office (NCO15), 3450 South 4th St, Leavenworth Kansas 66048
Description: VA seeks to lease approximately 4,358 (NUSF) ABOA Square Feet of space and a minimum of seventy (30) parking spaces, ten (5) of which are marked and designed as handicapped for use by VA as a Medical Clinic in the delineated area explained below within Columbia, Missouri. The maximum rentable square feet (RSF) cannot exceed 5,883 RSF. VA will consider leased space located in an existing building first, and build to suit secondary.
Lease Term: Up to 20 years, 20-year firm.
Delineated Area: To receive consideration, submitted properties must be located within the following area described below, which is bound by the following roads, or must front on any of the following boundary lines:
City limits of Columbia, Missouri
Delineation Area Map for Columbia Vet Center #443
Boundaries for consideration
North: No further north than Interstate 70 at all.
South: US Highway 63, No further south than Discovery Parkway / Columbia City Limits
East: Interstate 70, no further east than St. Charles Rd Exit
West: Interstate 70, no further west than North Highway UU
(1) Offered space must be located on a single contiguous floor.
(2) Bifurcated sites, inclusive of parking, are not permissible.
(3) The following space configurations will not be considered: Space with atriums or other areas interrupting contiguous space, extremely long or narrow runs of space (more than twice as long as wide), irregularly shaped space configurations or other unusual building features adversely affecting usage.
(4) Column size cannot exceed two (2) feet square and space between columns and/or walls cannot be less than twenty (20 ) feet.
(5) Offered space cannot be in the FEMA 100-year flood plain.
(6) Offered space must be zoned for VA s intended use by the time initial offers are due.
(7) Offered space will not be considered if located in close proximity to property with incompatible uses, including but not limited to the following uses: Next to a gymnasium, liquor establishments, treatment centers, correctional facilities, where firearms are sold/discharged, railroad tracks, or within flight paths.
(8) Offered space will not be considered if located in close proximity to residential or industrial areas.
(9) Space will not be considered where apartment space or other living quarters are located within the same building.
(10) Offered space must be located in close proximity to amenities including but not limited to restaurants, hotels, pharmacy, and shopping.
(11) Offered space must be located in close proximity to a hospital or stand-alone emergency room center and a fire department.
(12) Offered space must be located in close proximity to public transportation. A commuter rail, light rail, or bus stop shall be located within the immediate vicinity of the building.
(13) Offered space must be easily accessible to multiple highways, which provide multiple routes of travel.
(14) Structured parking under the space is not permissible.
(15) Offered space must meet Federal and Local Government requirements for fire safety, physical security, accessibility, seismic, and sustainability standards per the terms of the solicitation for offers or request for proposals.
(16) A fully serviced lease may be required.
(17) Offered space must be compatible for VA s intended use.
(18) Please ensure that your company is registered at www.sam.gov*.
All submissions should include the following information:
(1) Name of current owner;
(2) Address or described location of building or land;
(3) Location on map, demonstrating the building or land lies within the Delineated Area;
(4) Description of ingress/egress to the building or land from a public right-of-way;
(5) A statement as to whether the building or land lies within the Delineated Area;
(6) Description of the uses of adjacent properties;
(7) FEMA map evidencing floodplain status;
(8) A narrative and map describing proximity of the building or land to the nearest bus and/or train stop, and major transportation routes;
(9) A description of any planned land development or construction that will affect the site, including neighboring projects and road/utility line construction;
(10) Site plan depicting the property boundaries, building, and parking;
(11) Floor plan, ABOA, and RSF of proposed space;
(12) If you are qualified as a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) under NAICS Code 531120 Lessors of Nonresidential Buildings with a small business size standard of $38.5 million. You are invited, but not required to submit a Capabilities Statement;
(13) A document indicating the type of zoning;
(14) A description of any changes to the property necessary to be compatible with VA s intended use;
(15) A statement indicating the current availability of utilities serving the proposed space or property.
(16) If offer site is selected for a solicitation the offer must be completely register in SAM.GOV with a DUNS number and provide proof at time of offer.
All interested parties must respond to this announcement no later than December 5th at 11:59 p.m. CST. VA will set a time after receipt for site visits to determine if they will meet VA S needs.
Project Requirements: VA seeks information from Potential Offerors who are capable of successfully performing a lease contract, including design and construction of the facility described above, for a term of up to 10 years, inclusive of all options, as well as all maintenance and operation requirements for the duration of the lease term, at a fair and reasonable price. More information on VA s requirements can be found on its Technical Information Library: https://www.cfm.va.gov/til/leasing.asp.