The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Seeks Expressions of Interest for 3,585 Net Usable Square Feet (NUSF) of Research/Laboratory space in St. Louis, Missouri.
Notice: This is not a solicitation for offers, nor is it a request for proposals. A solicitation for offers may be issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs at a later date. The Government will not pay for any costs incurred as a result of this advertisement. Respondents are advised that the Government assumes no responsibility to award a lease based upon responses to this advertisement.
VA seeks to lease up to 3,585 Net Usable Square Feet (NUSF) of space for use by VA as a Research and Wet Laboratory in St. Louis, Missouri. VA will only consider space located in an existing building. NUSF is generally defined as the space remaining once common areas, lessor areas, and areas required by code are deducted from the rentable square feet of the facility. NUSF does not include areas such as stairs, elevators, mechanical and utility rooms, ducts, shafts, vestibules, public corridors and public toilets required by local code. A detailed definition will be provided by VA, should a solicitation for offers or request for proposals be issued for this project.
Space in an existing building must be contiguous and shall be located on only one floor. Rentable square feet should not exceed 4,840 RSF and will need to yield between 3,585 to 3,634 NUSF. ADA and ABAAS guidelines apply.
On-site parking must 1) be dedicated for the exclusive use of VA; 2) be fully compliant with local laws, rules and regulations; and 3) total no less than 5 spaces. 1 Parking space shall be handicapped designated in accordance with local code. All spaces shall be sized in accordance with design standards as described in the VA Lease Based Outpatient Clinic Design Guide (available at http://www.cfm.va.gov/til/dGuide.asp). The parking area must meet all requirements of Architectural Barriers Act Accessibility Standards (ABAAS) (available at http://www.gsa.gov).
To be considered the property/space must be within or bordering a delineated area in the City of St. Louis, Missouri as follows:
Northern Boundary: I-64
Eastern Boundary: Jefferson Avenue
Western Boundary: Vandeventer Avenue
Southern Boundary: I-44
Lease Term: The lease terms will be for up to 10 years with termination rights after 5 years with a 180-day written notice to the lessor. Occupancy date is TBD (to be determined).
Properties must be identified in accordance with the following category: Existing Building.
Please provide the following basic information and descriptions pertaining to the building or site you propose for consideration by VA. VA assessment of your building depends on the information you provide. VA reserves the right to eliminate a property that fails to comply with the requirements herein.
All submissions should include the following information:
(1) Name of owner;
(2) Address or described location of building;
(3) Location on map, demonstrating the building lies within the delineated area;
(4) Description of ingress/egress to the building;
(5) A statement as to whether the building is currently zoned for medical and medical office use;
(6) Description of the uses of adjacent property;
(7) FEMA map evidencing that the property lies outside the 100-year floodplain;
(8) A narrative and map describing proximity of the building to the nearest bus and/or train stop, and major transportation routes, and
(9) Any information related to title issues, easements, or restrictions on the use of the building; and
(10) A description of any planned land development or construction which will affect the site, including neighboring projects and road or utility line construction.
For existing buildings, provide the following information:
(1) Age of building;
(2) Total existing gross square feet, and gross square feet per floor;
(3) Site plan depicting the building and parking;
(4) Floor plan and gross square footage of proposed space; and
(5) Identification of on-site parking to be dedicated for VA’s use.
VA can choose to conduct a market survey to evaluate all properties submitted in response to this requirement that meet VA’s minimum criteria. The Contracting Officer will make an initial evaluation to determine if the offered buildings meet VA’s criteria as listed within this advertisement.
If an appraisal of the property is available, then please be sure to include that with your submission to help determine fair market rental value.
All interested parties must respond electronically via email to this announcement no later than October 1, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. CST to be considered and please submit your property information to:
Department of Veterans Affairs
Network Contracting Office (10N15/90)
3450 South 4th Street Trafficway
Leavenworth, KS 66048