***THIS IS A REQUST FOR INFORMATION ONLY***
Please complete the Vendor Information Document and email to Wendy.Stewart@va.gov 10/05/2020 NLT 10:00am EST. No phone calls shall be received.
The Department of Veterans Affairs, Network Contracting Office 10, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive, Lobby M, Suite 2200, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, is seeking contractors who can Furnish all labor, supervision, materials, and equipment necessary to provide mat rental, cleaning and placement at specified locations throughout the Aleda E. Lutz VA Medical Center weekly, on a one-for-one exchange basis. For the Saginaw VA Medical Center located at 1500 Weiss Street in Saginaw, MI 48602for the period of 12/01/2020-11/30/2025.
Furnish all labor, supervision, materials, and equipment necessary to provide mat rental, cleaning and placement at specified locations throughout the Aleda E. Lutz VA Medical Center weekly, on a one-for-one exchange basis. Work includes all execution, implementation, cleaning, transportation servicing and replacement of floor mats to be provided to the Aleda E. Lutz VA Medical Center Main Bldg.; Bldgs. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 22, 30 and 38 located at 1500 Weiss St Saginaw, MI. The Aleda E. Lutz VA Medical Center is seeking one base year with four one-year options. The base year shall be from November 1, 2020 thru October 31, 2021.
Normal Work Hours: The service schedule shall be developed between the contractor and Contractor s Technical Representative (COTR) prior to any service being performed. Generally, work shall be performed prior to the start of the Medical Centers workday so that trucks and pickups shall not interfere with the facility s functions.
National Holidays: The ten holidays observed by the Federal Government are: New Years Day, Martin Luther King s Birthday, President s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran s Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day and any other day specifically declared by the President of the United States to be a national holiday.
Contractor shall provide contractor owned mats for all entrance ways specified in this contract. The mats shall be of a quality and condition acceptable to the VA. Mats shall be free of stains, tears and holes. Mats with minor tears, open seams, etc. are not acceptable. Mats that do not lay flat pose a safety hazard and shall not be accepted for use at this facility. The company name and logo or other suitable means of identification shall be clearly labeled on the underside of all mats.
Mats shall be heavy traffic, rubber-backed, dirt and moisture trapping pile entrance mats. The color of the mats to be determined by the VA prior to implementation of the contract. Beveled edge to meet ADA act. Certified High Traction by the National Floor Safety Institute.
Anti-fatigue/slip mats shall be rubber and have ability to allow water to drain through, Beveled edge, Grease and oil resistant and Anti-microbial.
All mats shall have appropriate backing for where they shall be placed, (i.e. smooth back for tiled areas, gripper back for carpeted areas).
The Medical Center reserves the right to move matting either temporarily or permanently due to construction or other requirements. Notification in writing shall be made to contractor by the COR and adjustments made to the identified new locations.
6. All entrance matting shall be exchanged one for one, with cleaned mat of same size, color and quality, one (1) time per week during the performance of this contract period.
All kitchen matting shall be exchanged one (1) times per week. Damaged kitchen matting shall be replaced as needed and contractor shall be notified by COR of any damages/deficiencies noted related to kitchen matting throughout the performance of this contract period.
D. QUALITY ASSURANCE: The Government shall inspect mats weekly; any found deficient in either cleanliness or wear shall be requested to be removed immediately.
Contractor provides and maintains mats to meet the government s needs, specifications listed above. Corrections to deficiencies made within 24 hours of contractor notification by COR.
No more than one failure per contract period
E. CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL BADGES AND PARKING:
1. The contractor shall provide the COTR with a list of contractor employees expected to enter the buildings to pick up confidential documents. While on VA premises, all contractor personnel shall comply with the rules, regulations, and procedures governing the conduct of personnel and the operation of the facility.
2. An access badge shall be given to the contractor s employee upon entrance into VA buildings. The contractor employee shall safeguard the access badge and immediately report any lost, stolen, or destroyed badges to the COTR. All contract personnel shall properly display their access badges. Access badges shall be worn at or above the waist (facing forward.). The contractor s employees shall return the access badge(s) to the COTR or designee at the end of each pick up process.
3. The contractor shall be required to comply with all security policies/requirements of the Aleda E. Lutz VAMC. All security policies/requirements shall be met, and employees cleared prior to the contractor performing work under this contract. Employees that cannot meet the security and clearance requirements shall not be allowed to perform work under this contract.
4. It is the responsibility of the contractor s personnel to park in the appropriate designated parking areas. Parking information shall be coordinated with each facility COTR.
5. Aleda E. Lutz VA Medical Center does not validate or make reimbursement for parking violations of the contractor s personnel under any circumstance.
F. INTERFERENCE TO NORMAL FUNCTION: Contractor may be required to interrupt their work at anytime so as not to interfere with the normal functioning of the facility, including utility services, fire protection systems, and passage of facility patients, personnel, equipment and carts.
In the event of an emergency, contractor services may be stopped and rescheduled at no additional cost to the government.
Contractor personnel shall inform the COTR or the designee of the need to gain access to secured areas. If access is required to secure areas, prearranged scheduling shall be made with COTR or designee.
G. QUANTITIES/LOCATIONS OF MATTING
1. Carpet Mat 3×10- 7ea, 3×10- 3ea (Placed on carpet flooring*)
50 total 3×5 -14ea, 3×5- 1ea (Placed on carpet flooring*)
4×6 – 14ea
2. Kitchen Mat 3×5 -21ea
Matting Requirement Listing:
Aleda E. Lutz VA Medical Center Location
3×5 (1) Carpet
3×10 (1) Carpet*
3×10 (2) Carpet*
Kitchen 1st Floor
Canteen 1st Floor
Kitchen 2nd Floor